- infinityrehabAsked on January 27, 2017 at 01:09 PM
What triggers someone being put on the bounce list?
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on January 27, 2017 at 01:50 PM
There's a plethora of reasons why emails get bounced (wiki). Note that bounce related issues usually start from the receiving end. When your email server keeps rejecting the emails coming from JotForm after several attempts, that's the time your email would end up in our Bounce List.
Just like you, we hate emails going into the Bounce List. However, like any other email servers, we need to process bounce messages without exception to protect our email server from being listed in spam databases.
I'll be listing down a few things to help you in case your email ends up in our Bounce List again:
1. Prior to contacting us, you can check your EMAIL HISTORY logs if you suspect you're not receiving emails. Here's How-to-View-All-Your-Form-Email-History
2. Assuming you found some emails showing as FAILED or IN BOUNCE/BLOCK LIST on your EMAIL HISTORY, try checking these emails if they are on the bounce list and remove them by following this guide on How-to-Remove-Your-Email-Address-from-Bounce-List
3. And lastly, a quick guideline on How-to-Prevent-Email-Bouncing-Related-Issues
4. If you want more control over the email sending, you may also try using your own SMTP sender: How-to-Setup-SMTP-for-a-Form (optional)
I know the guides and steps above may look generic but please take your time following them (especially items #1 to #2).
Don't hesitate to get back to us if you're still having issues receiving email notifications.