- tonyreinAsked on January 30, 2017 at 01:06 PM
I would also like to see this capability. Our specific context:
We will be building a registration form, where users can choose to join a team. On the form is a list of existing teams, but also the capability to add a new team. After the user adds the new team, we'd like that new team name to be on the list that subsequent users see when they use the form.
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on January 30, 2017 at 01:22 PM
I think that your request if different then request that was made by other users on previous thread.
If I understood your question correctly you would like to allow your users to add teams as options inside of dropdown field of your form. This can be achieved with User Contributed Dropdown widget.
We also have same widgets for radio button and checkbox:
Inside of this guide you can find how to add widget to your form:
Here is my demo form: https://form.jotform.com/70264661818965
Hope this will help. Let us know if you need further assistance.
- tonyreinAnswered on January 30, 2017 at 03:58 PM
Thank you for the prompt response.
Yes, this may be very helpful and a good start. To give a fuller picture, what we would like to happen is this:
1. User goes to registration form and fills in name, age, and other details.
2. One OPTIONAL item on the form is a list of already-existing teams which the registrant can join.
3. Another optional item is a button or link which would allow the registrant to create a new team. This would require entering the name of the team as well as the name, phone, and email of the team's coordinator -- more than simply adding a single line of text to a drop-down.
4. After the "create new team" form is closed, we would like the name of that team to appear in the team list (item 2 above) for all subsequent visitors to the registration form, so that later registrants could join the new team.
Can you suggest a strategy to accomplish this? If it involves scripting and API calls that would be OK.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on January 30, 2017 at 05:06 PM
Your requirements are a bit outside the scope of what our forms are capable of. I am trying to think of a way to do this via API that would make sense but it would be much easier to just add the team to the list or have the user add the team to the list manually and enter their data. This thread has a discussion similar:
But the details would be something we would not be able to help with.