Calculations not working correctly

  • Profile Image
    SunbridgeInstitute
    Asked on January 30, 2017 at 03:22 PM

    I'm hoping someone can take a look at my form and see what might be going wrong. I have some complex calculations that someone helped me with last year, which I just set up this past month, and it has been working beautifully for the last couple weeks.

    However, today someone was filling in the form on a different computer, and the discounts were very wrong, giving discounts of almost the full price of registration! The final price on all of her registration combinations were $3, or $2, or $5. (they should be in the hundreds).

    Just to give you some background, our major calculation is for course combination discounts as follows: For combination purchases, the person gets 10% off all subsequent purchases of equal or lesser value, after paying full price for the first selection.

    After that we have an alumni discount, which swaps out the course combo discount for a different 15% discount. We are not allowing combination of these discounts, but I think that this one might be messing up the first one.

    I've combed through this and it seems to be set up well to me. If you can find where I've gone wrong, I would really appreciate it.

    Thank you!

  • Profile Image
    Kiran
    Answered on January 30, 2017 at 04:12 PM

    Did you make any changes to the form recently and experiencing the issue since then? If so, you may revert the form to an earlier version of the form from the form revision history.

    https://www.jotform.com/help/294-How-to-view-form-revision-history

    Also, please let us know if the form is embedded on any of the web pages and causing the issue. If so, is the issue still happening using the direct link of the form? Please provide us with the web page URL so that we can take a look and see what best we can do in this regard.

    Thank you! 

  • Profile Image
    SunbridgeInstitute
    Answered on January 31, 2017 at 10:52 AM

    I have not made any changes to the calculations at all, so I don't think it was because of a new change. I think it was a matter of how the preview form was being used, because I had not tested in that way before. When the discount code field was being accessed, that was when it seemed to start behaving strangely.

    Thanks.

  • Profile Image
    Kiran
    Answered on January 31, 2017 at 12:19 PM

    I have checked your JotForm and see that there are several conditions and calculations. However, I notice that there are few missing fields in the calculations being done from the conditions which may be causing the issue.

    Please review these conditions for the missing fields and correct them to see if that works. Please get back to us if you need any further assistance. 

    Thank you!