- ipbr21054Asked on January 31, 2017 at 03:20 PM
When the customer selects HONDA from my list up will pop the field saying enter FULL VIN etc etc.
Can we add code to this.
The VIN MUST be 17 characters,so if they only type7 the form will send to me.
I need some kind of check so the form will only send when 17 characters are typed,so if they type only 3,10,15 or even 25 a message will pop up etc.
Along those lines anyway.
You have a suggestion or can edit my current form to allow/do this please.
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on January 31, 2017 at 03:39 PM
If I understood you correctly you want to prevent your users to submit the form if number of characters that is entered inside of "FULL VIN ..." field is not equal to 17 characters.
You can achieve this my enabling Input Mask option for that field. You also need to check "Fill Mask Validation" option.
Use @ symbol to mask letters, # for numbers and * for both.
On my demo form I used *.
Here is my demo form: https://form.jotform.com/70306242274953?
Feel free to test it and clone it.
Hope this will help. Let us know if you need further assistance.
- ipbr21054Answered on January 31, 2017 at 03:43 PM
That looks good.
Can you apply that to one of my forms
I can then follow it and make changes to my other forms.
This then saves me cloning again etc,thanks
- ipbr21054Answered on January 31, 2017 at 03:57 PM
If i clone it you are using an old example.
Here is the new updated form 70304482166351
Then apply the new17 code please.
The old code you are using is out of date.
- AIDANAnswered on January 31, 2017 at 04:02 PM
I can see that your updated form 70304482166351 already has the input mask set correctly.
Before you sent your latest reply, I applied this input mask on your form 62115565434352.
If you need further assistance please let us know. We will be happy to help. Thank you.
- ipbr21054Answered on January 31, 2017 at 04:07 PM
It makes sense that if only 17 characters will be allowed in the box i think the box should be the size as if 20 characters were added "size wise etc"
Also make sense to center this input field.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on January 31, 2017 at 05:11 PM
Your form was modified to reflect the changes you desire.
Do inform us if you need further assistance.
- ipbr21054Answered on January 31, 2017 at 05:16 PM
Which form did you apply it to ?
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on January 31, 2017 at 05:18 PM
- ipbr21054Answered on January 31, 2017 at 05:28 PM
Cache playing catch up.
- ipbr21054Answered on January 31, 2017 at 05:50 PM
Sorry me again,
If the customer only enter say 15 characters up pops the message Field Value Must Fill Mask.
Can this message be edited to my liking ?
- JotForm SupportMike_GAnswered on January 31, 2017 at 07:14 PM
Yes, you can edit the form warnings through the Form Warning wizard that can be accessed under Preferences.
- JotForm SupportMike_GAnswered on January 31, 2017 at 11:02 PM
Considering your most recent response is a different concern, I have moved it to a new thread that you can access by clicking this link.