- sbpcsystemsAsked on February 01, 2017 at 10:40 AM
We have a problem with all the forms. we need it to work . it does not work on all our forms.
since this morning.Page URL:
- Chief Technology OfficereeeAnswered on February 01, 2017 at 10:50 AM
Your account is suspended. You can't collect username/password in your forms.
- sbpcsystemsAnswered on February 01, 2017 at 10:56 AM
? i dont understand? what username and password we collect?
Oh i see the form that propose our client to change their passwords for their current account with us . ok we will delete that . sorry for the inconvenience. please check again in 15 min i am deleting that section where users can input a new password.
- JotForm DeveloperevrenAnswered on February 01, 2017 at 11:00 AM
Please let us know when you update your form.
- sbpcsystemsAnswered on February 01, 2017 at 11:01 AM
is this fine now .we want to display our password bank for records...and make client pages on our site . each page on our site will be protected by a password on our page to protect that data over .
- sbpcsystemsAnswered on February 01, 2017 at 11:03 AM
i am making a special panel only our users can access on our site. but we are making the content with jotform as it is easy to compile with jotform . and then we will place it on our site where user will have a special handle to get in. like this www.sbpccore.com/client-popupeventsgroup
- sbpcsystemsAnswered on February 01, 2017 at 11:08 AM
Ok we done the job . sorry again . we did not know it is bad to a system that can allow our users to change the login and password of their account using our service and not do it with them from their account.
- sbpcsystemsAnswered on February 01, 2017 at 11:13 AM
It should be good now. we took off the interactive option for our clients to request a change of password or email for their social media accounts..
is all is good now guys?
- JotForm SupportoliviaAnswered on February 01, 2017 at 11:36 AM
Unfortunately, it is not possible to collect sensitive information from the submitters.
Login credentials (social media accounts), credit card information, social security number etc are the sensitive informations.
Please remove below form fields if you want to activate your JotForm account again. After you remove them, please make a request from the support forum. (Please open a new thread.)
If you need any other supports, please feel free to let us know.
- sbpcsystemsAnswered on February 01, 2017 at 01:04 PM
we deleted those sections for you guys ... can we have our account back now?
Please let us know if anything is missing.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on February 01, 2017 at 01:19 PM
Two of your forms still request and display passwords.
The top and bottom with the high phishing percentages are what is still causing the issue.
On a side note, keep in mind that forms are publicly available. If someone accesses your form from the direct link, they would be able to view the login information that is listed.