- klausdybaAsked on February 02, 2017 at 09:46 AM
Looked good! but... I opened the advanced form designer, it showed the old undesigned form... instead of my new one with changes... unfortunatly i saved it and 3 hours of work were gone... :-( in version 3 it showed the real one.
This is a re-post of a comment on Introducing JotForm 4.0 – Build Forms Anywhere, Anytime
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on February 02, 2017 at 10:51 AM
Could you please provide us with a form link in question? This is usually possible to restore a form using revision history tool if it was correctly saved.
- klausdybaAnswered on February 02, 2017 at 12:34 PM
Yes of course! Would be awesome!
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on February 02, 2017 at 01:39 PM
I checked your form and there are quite a few restore points in the revision history. Check the history to see if any of them are the state you are looking for and restore to that version:
- klausdybaAnswered on February 05, 2017 at 05:09 AM
Thank you! But still it opens the unformated form whenever I want to use the advanced formbuilder. Any idea why this is? I use os x chrome.
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on February 05, 2017 at 12:00 PM
I tested your form, I'm using OS X with Chrome Browser as well. But I'm not able to replicate this issue. I checked your Form Revision but I couldn't find any version that is different in layout, maybe I overlooked. Anyhow, I opened few forms in Advanced designer but the design was the same.
Could you please share with us some screenshots of the problem please:
Here is how to attach the image:
1. Go to this link:
2. Click this icon:
We'll wait for your response.
- klausdybaAnswered on February 05, 2017 at 12:48 PM
The first 2 are my real one, when I click advanced its old (wrong styling / orange / round corners), when I save I got the orange old one instead of my new one.
happens in safari as well.
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on February 05, 2017 at 02:34 PM
I checked your form and I saw that it is showing orange in Advanced designer, but it wasn't showing orange on Preview for me. What I noticed, though, is that it is a theme that was applied:
Please try to remove the theme and see how it works for you.
We'll wait for your response.
- klausdybaAnswered on February 05, 2017 at 02:50 PM
Yes the orange is gone, but all my formating also. I think i rebuild it from scratch. so at least I see what I did. Its not that much.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on February 05, 2017 at 04:48 PM
We apologize for the inconvenience, I have forwarded this to our back-end team to see if they can recover the desired design you had before switching to V4. You will be notified via this thread about any updates.
- klausdybaAnswered on February 05, 2017 at 04:50 PM
No its okay, i was able to reload the old design (just the problem with the stuck theme). I did a new version. it wasnt that much work and now since i dont have the theme, i can work on my design in the advanced designer.
Thank you for your help and the great support!
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on February 05, 2017 at 04:53 PM
Alright, thanks for updating us! Open a new thread if you need anything else.
- klausdybaAnswered on February 06, 2017 at 01:26 PM
Hello! I got this problem again. advanced designer shows not styled form. Also not in jotform 3. I dont use a template, but still got this problem. It just started at some point...
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on February 06, 2017 at 02:54 PM
I checked your form (https://form.jotformeu.com/70252202681345) and I see white background color and not the orange background color. We can provide you a custom CSS code for the background color in order to fix it if you like.
You can always restore back to the old version of your form. Here's the guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/294-How-to-view-form-revision-history
Hope that helps. Thank you.
- klausdybaAnswered on February 06, 2017 at 03:03 PM
The problem with the orange background was solved (i deleted the theme).
Then I did a styling from scratch. Suddenly it didnt showed me my styling.
I attached 2 files. one is my styled/designed version, the other one in the advanced designer (basic style). As long as I dont save I dont loose my designed one, but i cant add any styling anymore in the advanced designer.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on February 06, 2017 at 04:20 PM
I have forwarded this to our back-end team. You will be notified via this thread when this gets fixed.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on April 18, 2017 at 05:11 PM
@stephenp Since your question is unrelated to the original, I have moved it to a thread of its own. I will address your question in the following thread shortly: