Jotform not working with Xara

  • Profile Image
    Asked on February 04, 2017 at 10:28 AM

    Jotform really sucks now, after spending a whole day trying to fix what used to be already rather hard to integrate with Xara, not a single one of my forms works any longer. Support is also a joke. Ok, I must concede it used to work in the past. Another one that says good bye. Good luck with a doomed company like this!

    This is a re-post of a comment on Changes For JotForm Starter & Guest Plan Users

  • Profile Image
    Answered on February 04, 2017 at 01:19 PM

    If this is related to your first thread about the submit button getting a please wait message after it's clicked, we've already addressed you on that thread. You can check it here: The thread has been answered in less than 6 hours. Didn't you get an email about the reply? 

    As for the form, you are using the source codes embed method. There's a conflict on the page that's causing the "please wait..." message. You'll notice this conflict by clicking on the required field and skipping it, the required field validation is not triggered.

    To fix this, you just need to re-embed the form using our iframe method: In our Xara guide and Xara embed method, we used and mentioned iFrame so you should have followed that to avoid this kind of issue.

    Overall, we don't have an issue with Xara builder. It's just the way how you embed the form.

    Now, if you have intentionally used the source codes for custom modification, I would suggest not to embed it directly on the page. Save the modified source codes as an HTML file. Upload this HTML file to your web server, use this as an iframe in the page.

    You can use this website to generate an iframe codes for your HTML page:

    I hope that helps and let us know if you need further assistance. 

  • Profile Image
    Answered on February 04, 2017 at 03:45 PM
    New response receivedDear Welvin,
    Thank you for your kind reply.
    I am now in the process of updating all of the forms, as it turned out they did not work because they had a broken "terms and conditions" link, because I didn't know the only way to edit the destination address was to clear the "Terms" widget, and to set it up again.
    Will let you know how everything goes once I've updated it. So far, I can say that the forms do not show correctly in Xara but they seem to be working on the actual browsers I've tried.
    Thank you once again for your outstanding service.
    Best regards
  • Profile Image
    Answered on February 04, 2017 at 11:44 PM

    Glad to know your forms are working fine now, if the problem is related to how the forms display, please provide us the link where they're embedded on and we will be glad to check it for you, embedding them using the iFrame code as suggested above should also help you to avoid forms to be displayed distorted or conflicts between the scripts in both the webpage and the form.