What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Complicated form calculations?Asked by Communicaid on February 06, 2017 at 05:08 AM
I need to do quite complicated calculations and I'm not sure how to do it.
The result of the calculation has to fill in correctly and automatically the field : "niveau cible" (target level). and it will be in the form of A1 valide or A2 valide or B1 valide or B2 valide or C1 valide.
This field has to be calculated at the base of the 2 fields which are:
1. niveau actuel ( which is the letter field) like 0 A2, B1.2....
2. and the number of hours "Combien d'heures vous voulez utiliser? which is the numerical free field where the user can put the number between 0 and 150.
The results fields will depend of the numbers of hours put but user in the free field "Combien d'heures vous voulez utiliser?" examples:
if the "niveau actuel" is A1, and
-user puts x < 60 hours, the result in the field "niveau cible" should be A1 valide
-user puts 61 hours <x< 120 hours the result in the field "niveau cible" should be A2 valide
-user puts 121 hours <x< 150 hours he result in the field "niveau cible" should be B1 valide
if the "niveau actuel" is A2, and
-user puts x < 140 hours, the result in the field "niveau cible" should be A2 valide
-user puts 141 hours <x< 150 hours he result in the field "niveau cible" should be B1 valide ...
Can you help me with it?
Thank you in advance for your help,
I'm sorry, I'm quite confused on how your calculation works. But I believe that is possible, I recommend checking the following guides to help you formulate a working solution:
1. First, there are two ways on how to make a calculation:
2. You can assign calculation values on your radio buttons, check boxes and drop down fields:
3. I also see you have matrix fields, if you want to get values on them and make a calculation, you can check the following links:
I hope that helps.