- hannahevansAsked on February 06, 2017 at 09:36 AM
I have recreated one of the questions as a trial:
This is how it looks on the Form Builder - which is how it should work:
But this is how it looks in the preview - which is wrong. When I close the form it reverts back to how it looks in the preview:
Can you please advise urgently?
Thank you so much!
- hannahevansAnswered on February 06, 2017 at 09:38 AM
have just sat and left the form open without touching anything and when I presume it is automatically saving the form - it suddenly reverts to how it is in the preview - i.e. not what was in the form builder before it tries to save the form.
- hannahevansAnswered on February 06, 2017 at 09:42 AM
- JotForm SupportcandyAnswered on February 06, 2017 at 10:26 AM
I've also checked your form and I did not see any difference between the preview version of the form and the form in builder.
We are glad that your issue has been solved.
- hannahevansAnswered on February 06, 2017 at 10:29 AM
My issue has not been solved!
No difference will show when you check because it keeps undoing my work!
It should look like this:
But keeps reverting to this:
Can you please advise as a matter of priority - I have spent hours trying to work out what has happened and trying to recreate the form.
Thanks in advance.
- hannahevansAnswered on February 06, 2017 at 12:02 PM
Just wondering if there was any follow up on this? Thank you in advance.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on February 06, 2017 at 12:29 PM
I checked that field in edit mode:
And it shows the same in live mode:
If the fields keeps reverting, could you please check the revision history to see if the desired version is saved there? https://www.jotform.com/help/294-How-to-view-form-revision-history
If it's not, do the following:
1) Clear your forms cache: https://www.jotform.com/help/229-How-to-Clear-Your-Form-Cache
2) Clone your form: https://www.jotform.com/help/42-How-to-Clone-an-Existing-Form-from-a-URL
3) In the cloned version, setup the fields you want to show in the configurable list widget, and saved it.
Let us know if you need more help.
- hannahevansAnswered on February 06, 2017 at 12:55 PM
Thank you for your response. I had alredy tried to go back to revision history - but it didn't solve the issue.
I have now gone back and cleared the cache and cloned the form https://eu.jotform.com/build/70365413058352
The issue is still happening in the widget - in that it just reverts to something else.
The "Take TWO (2) Samples 取五（2）个样品:" should have the following in the Fields configuration of the Configurable List:
Batch Number 批号 : text
Material Colour 材料颜色 : dropdown: Please Select, Medical Bule (MB), Pastel Green (PG), Pastel Blue (PB), Pastel Yelow (PY), Grey (GY), Teal (TL), White (WH), Other (TBC)
Height of Burning? 燃烧高度？: text
Specification 规范: static: <165mm
FR Pass or Fail? FR通过或失败？: dropdown: Please Select, Pass, Fail
When I view it in Preview or it Automatically saves the form, it changes it to:
Batch Number 批号 : text
Material Colour 材料颜色 : dropdown: Please Select, Medical Blue (MB), Pastel Green (PG), Pastel Blue (PB), Pastel Yellow (PY), Grey (GY), Teal (TL), White (WH), Other (TBC)
Height of Burning 燃烧高度 : text
Specification 规范: static :
Look forward to any advice on what I should do?
Thanks in advance!
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on February 06, 2017 at 02:24 PM
I have even tried deleting and adding a new widget in my cloned version, but it does not update:
I have forwarded this to our back-end team. You will be notified via this thread when this gets fixed.
- hannahevansAnswered on February 07, 2017 at 01:21 PM
Thanks very much - I appreciate it! Look forward to hearing from the team as soon as possible. :)
- hannahevansAnswered on February 09, 2017 at 11:57 AM
I was just wondering - is there any news on this, as I really need to get this resolved ASAP.
Thank you in advance!
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on February 09, 2017 at 01:06 PM
I see this has been assigned to a developer already. Please note that they resolve issues in order of arrival. So, there is no estimated time-frame for a resolution. Unfortunately, there isn't any updates yet.
- hannahevansAnswered on February 14, 2017 at 11:33 AM
Just to update you, I have figured out what the problem is. Whenever I use the symbols for 'less than' and 'more than' as < or > the widgets don't like it. If I remove these symbols and replace them with the words 'less than' etc. everything works.
Alternatively, if I add a ' character before the < or > it works - just like you would do on an Excel Sheet to make that cell ignore a +/- symbol etc - an example of how this would look on the form is: '<165mm
I stumbled across this solution because the same problem happened when inserting a basic 'Text' field and I could see that it was the <or> causing the issues.
Do you know if this problem of using the <or> on their own is something that is likely to remain?
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on February 14, 2017 at 12:39 PM
Thanks a lot for the update! It appears the widget does not take or read those characters. I have let our developer know about it. Hopefully we can get updated soon.
- hannahevansAnswered on February 16, 2017 at 01:27 PM
Thanks - I will wait to hear back from you.
- JotForm SupportTitusNdokaAnswered on April 25, 2017 at 12:21 AM
Sorry for the delayed response.
Please use the HTML entity equivalent for '<' which is '<'
- JotForm SupportwidgetsAnswered on April 27, 2017 at 05:51 AM
Hi, I just want to follow up on to this matter. In order for you to effectively print the "<" symbol into your field without it getting strip by jotform. Avoid writing the "<" symbol and then followed by any characters. Instead leave a space between them.
it should be like this < 165mm not like this <165mm
Let us know if that works fine from your end.