- bensonleyarpmAsked on February 08, 2017 at 06:04 AM
I would like to have a deeper folder depth and naming based on form field data when uploading files to GDrive. Is this possible with the native integration? Or would i need to develop a new GDrive integration? Is there a custom service for this with cost?
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on February 08, 2017 at 06:13 AM
Hello Ben, I'm afraid there's no way create branched or deeper subfolders within Google Drive.
You're basically limited to 2 folders:
1. The root folder (can be renamed anyway you want)
2. Then a subfolder (can be any field you want)
Related guide: How-to-Integrate-a-Form-with-Google-Drive
- bensonleyarpmAnswered on February 08, 2017 at 06:25 AM
Is this a Gdrive restricion of jotform restriction? If Jotform then i presume I'd have to create a custom app / code?
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on February 08, 2017 at 06:43 AM
That's just the extent of our Drive Integration. I can't say for sure whether it's due to Google Drive's API limitation or if it was by design (JotForm's end). No matter the case, you'd still end up finding a workaround.
So, here's what I did to help - I've elevate your thread as a feature request. Please keep in mind that there's no assurance whether this will be added or not. It will highly depend on the viability of the feature, the amount of similar requests we get, along with the workload of our Developers.
We can't give you any timeframe but we'll keep you apprised on this same thread if/when there's an update.