What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
How to make form dyanmic according to selected date?Asked by josuaeugster on February 08, 2017 at 09:42 AM
I received very professionell help from you for my last form. Now I had a question for my next form.
I will use the widget: https://widgets.jotform.com/widget/gift_registry
Now I have 9 different Dates in this year 2017 and on every Date there are 15 positions to fill with a name. Probably on one date we need 3 leaders, 6 helpers, 2 coffeemaker and so on. For the different positions I will use the gift_registry. But how can I build the form depends on every date? I know this sounds like a database!
I'm excited to hear from you
If I understand your question correctly, you would like to use gift registry widget for the positions but number of positions for different dates are different. I would like to suggest you another work around. Here is scenario :
1. I have 2 dates and positions belongs to these dates are as following.
- For the date 15-02-2017, I need 1 leader, 3 helpers and 1 coffemaker.
- For the date 20-02-2017, I need 2 leaders and 4 helpers.
2. I added inventory widgets according to each position and total number.
- I added an inventory widget for the coffemaker position and set value to 1.
- I added an inventory widget for the leader position and set value to 3.
- I added an inventory widget for the helper position and set value to 7.
3. I added name fields for each inventory widget. The number of name fields are set according to the max number for that position. For example, I added 4 name fields for helpers position since it is the max value could be selected.
After that, I set some conditions to show fields according to user selections. You need to set condition based on the idea show/ hide situation according to selections.
Here is my demo form : https://form.jotform.com/70384281206957
Here is the result of how it works. Feel free to clone my form.
Hope, these would help you. If not, please provide us some detailed information in order to assist you better.