What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Please run the wizard is displayed on the formAsked by OVUForms on February 09, 2017 at 11:25 AM
I have an issue with one of my forms... the form itself works fine, submissions come in fine, etc... however, when I go in to edit the form with the theme designer, most of the form is completely missing. There are a couple fields showing and then it says:
Click to edit...
Please Run the Wizard
I don't have any open widgets as far as I can tell and as I said, the form itself works the way it was designed to. I just can't access what I need when I go into the theme designer...
Please give this a look and let me know how we can fix it. Thanks!
I think I may have found the solution... once I disabled one of my show/hide conditions the elements I needed showed up. The form is set show a note and hide EVERYTHING if someone answers "Yes" to the very first question. Apparently the Theme Designer doesn't like show/hide conditions.
Scratch that. This solved my issue of getting into the Theme Designer but has now created an even worse problem...
the "Click to edit... / Please Run the Wizard" entry is now on my LIVE form (at the bottom), which it wasn't an issue until now. We need to get this resolved ASAP.
Apparently I'm solving my own problems.
I found a similar problem that required backing out of vs.4 of the site to solve. I think vs.4 looks great, but there are definitely some bugs that need solved. Anyway, once I switched back to vs.3 I was able to remove the issue.
FYI - so, it turns out that the "Run the Wizard" and the Theme Designer issue weren't actually related. Here is what happened:
1. Using JotForm vs.4 - doing some small editing on a form that has been working fine for months.
2. Today I was looking at some widgets to see if there was anything new to add functionality to the form. Opened one, but cancelled it.
3. Unbeknownst to me, JotForm vs.4 currently has a problem with cancelled widgets showing on the front end, but not the back end where we can remove them - see this issue addressed here. Developers are working on the issue.
4. While I'm editing the site, I decided I wanted to get into the Theme Designer and update the look of the form which is when I noticed that I couldn't see the rest of my form as shown above.
5. It looked like the "Run the Wizard" issue was part of the same problem with the Theme Designer when in fact it was due to what I'd done earlier in 1-3 above.
Great! Glad to see that you were able to find the issue and fixed it. The theme designer displays the form as we see the form in the preview with applied conditions to the form.
I see that the issue on the other thread is already being looked into by one of our development team members. If there is any news in this regard, an update will be posted on the same thread.
Let us know if you need any further assistance. We will be happy to assist.