- PavelAsked on February 09, 2017 at 03:28 PM
I am a teacher of Mandarein CHinese. I've just tried your product and it left me totally spellbound. Terrific job!
1. I have to put some of the teaching process online, first for my students, but in the longer run, for comercial use as well. However I noticed significant increase in response time, when some necessary widgets are added to the form. What is required to speed up the response?
If using my own hosting is the way, what are the requirements/conditions?2. There is also a problem with the Widget Calculate form, which actually refuses to add the values from the response Matrix (see the link attached). (I am using Chrome). Can you fix it?
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on February 09, 2017 at 04:40 PM
Thank you for your kind words.
When you say "response time" do you mean the time for the form to be loaded? I have tested your form and it is loading fast on my end. In 1-2 seconds. However please note that number of fields and widgets can affect on loading time.
If I did not understood your question correctly, please explain in more details what you are trying to achieve.
I have moved your other question to separate thread and we will provide you an answer there shortly.
- pavel_Answered on February 10, 2017 at 04:36 AM
Thanks for you help with tha values, now it's working !
"When you say "response time" do you mean the time for the form to be loaded?"
Yes I do. This one is just a simple test form, but whan about much larger ones and loaded with widgets?
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on February 10, 2017 at 05:32 AM
Most of the form widgets are being loaded as separate pages (iFrames) from a different source. The widgets also load their own resources.
Unfortunately, this is not likely that you can improve the widget load time. However, if there is an issue with some specific widget, we can take a look.