- thegoddess71Asked on February 14, 2017 at 07:55 PM
I have a registration page and an rsvp page. The rsvp page will allow me to go to paypal to make a payment. My registration page will not. How can I get paypal or another payment form on the free jotform account?Page URL:
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on February 15, 2017 at 02:19 AM
Yes, you can accept payment submission to your account. Please keep in mind that free user has a 10 limit of payment submission. If you want to increase it, please see this guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/331-How-to-Upgrade-My-Account
I checked your RSVP form and I can see that there's no payment gateway added on your form. Here's how to add a PayPal to your account:
1. Open you form and click the Add Form Elements.
2. Go to the Payments tab and select the PayPal then drag it to your form.
3. You need to run the wizard and complete all information needed.
Please check these related guides:
Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you.
- earnest37Answered on April 16, 2017 at 02:48 PM
Define "Run the Wizard and complete all information needed." Cannot find that link anywhere. Please advise.
- earnest37Answered on April 16, 2017 at 02:59 PM
Okay, got the PayPal account set up. Problem: I want PayPal only as a payment option, not a requirement. If I include the PayPal payment info on the form the submit button automatically directs the user to their PayPal account. I need that to be an option only when check somewhere on the form.
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on April 16, 2017 at 04:03 PM
If you're using a Regular PayPal account and your users select a product then they will be redirected to PayPal to continue with paying. If you want your users to finish filling and paying in the form without redirecting to PayPal then you have to use PayPal Pro.
I'm not sure I understood you completely, but if you don't want your users to have to choose the product then you can make that field not required:
To do that, click Properties:
And then switch Required option Off:
If you have any further questions or had something else in mind please let us know.
- earnest37Answered on April 16, 2017 at 07:44 PMThe PayPal feature is NOT checked as a required item (it is off) but it
still redirects to the PayPal portal. Here is the link
to the form and you can see
that it is not a required item.
- IanAnswered on April 16, 2017 at 10:13 PM
I noticed that the Paypal Payment Widget is still on the form and Sandbox Mode id OFF
You can remove the widget altogether to resolve the issue.
- earnest37Answered on April 17, 2017 at 01:44 AMSo you're saying there is no way to have PayPal as an option? If it is on
the form you must pay using PayPal?
If that is the case then.......
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on April 17, 2017 at 02:04 AM
I checked your form and here I understand the issue. So, you have one product that is selected by default:
And when your users submit the form they will be redirected to PayPal and in that setup, you can not avoid that.
But if your product is not mandatory you can make it not selected by default and not required:
That way if your users don't select the product in the form they will be able to submit the form without redirecting to PayPal.
Hope it helps.
Let us know if you have any further questions.
- earnest37Answered on April 17, 2017 at 11:45 AMOkay, got it to work but still one problem: If I click on the form to pay
using PayPal, and change my mind, I cannot deselect that option. Instead I
have to close the form and begin again in order to do so. Otherwise it
works fine now.
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on April 17, 2017 at 12:29 PM
You can disable the Required Feature so the user can select or deselect the product. See the image below:
Hope that helps. Please do get back to us if you have questions.