- EllisMobileChiroAsked on February 16, 2017 at 01:59 PM
I have a form in which I ask a question, and based on the answer a different text box will appear. It is essentially a liability form and based on the condition of the answer a different liability waiver will be presented to the person filling out the form.
This is configured in such a way that it works perfectly on the form as it is being filled out. However, after the form is submitted and I view the submission on PDF, all Text fields appear as thought the person has signed liability for both conditions. Can I have a PDF output that will display only the text field that is presented on the form dictated by the condition that is selected at the time the form is filled out ?
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on February 16, 2017 at 04:15 PM
Please try disabling the "Auto-Hide Empty Fields" option in the Submissions page. Here's how:
1. Select the form and then click the "Submissions" button.
2. In the Submissions page, click the "options" icon. Un-check the "Auto-Hide Empty Fields" option and then click the "properties" icon again
Hope that helps. Let us know if you're still having issues. Thank you.
- EllisMobileChiroAnswered on February 16, 2017 at 11:00 PM
Thank you for your relli. I'm not sure the mechanisism that your thinking of to suggest that this would work, as this would seem to show all fields no matter if they have been answered or not, and I am looking to hide text fields that I don't want to seen on the PDF. I went ahead and tried it anyway, and it did NOT work. Any other suggestions.
- CharlieAnswered on February 17, 2017 at 03:10 AM
Unfortunately, it is not possible to conditionally show/hide specific text fields in the PDF submission automatically.
Here are the options if you use the default PDF layout on your submissions:
1. You can only choose specific fields to show/hide, you can see it in the settings in the submissions page.
2. Enabling the "Show Headers and Texts" will automatically display ALL the headers and text in your form.
3. Enabling the "Auto Hide Empty Fields" will hide empty fields in your PDF submissions, fields that are not filled out.
However, you can edit your PDF layout for each specific user submission. Here's a guide about it: https://www.jotform.com/help/384-How-to-Customize-PDF-Submissions-Report. Please note that using the Customize PDF feature will create a fixed PDF layout on your submissions, which is similar to a printed paper. This means that the PDF submission layout will NOT adjust based on the contents of the data.
I hope that helps.
- EllisMobileChiroAnswered on February 17, 2017 at 09:33 AM
Unfortunately, this does not help for my purposes. Are there any plans to configure this feature? It works for everything else surely it can't be that difficult to add for text boxes under this condition.
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on February 17, 2017 at 12:00 PM
All "Text" elements will appear in the PDF if the "Show Headers and Text" option is enabled. If you like, we can submit a feature request. However, we cannot provide any turn around time when will it be implemented.
- EllisMobileChiroAnswered on February 17, 2017 at 02:03 PM
Please do submit this as a feature request. I understand that you can not provide a turn around time, but would you by chance have a guess as to how likely it would be for a feature like this to be built at all?
- AIDANAnswered on February 18, 2017 at 05:45 AM
I have escalated this as a feature request like you asked. You will be notified of any action related to it via this thread. Thank you.
- cknorenAnswered on February 20, 2017 at 07:13 PM
Just wanted to add that I'm super interested in this as well!
- zdrobaAnswered on March 29, 2017 at 01:19 PM
I second the absolute need for this feature - I too have separate "agreements" being e-signed based on a condition on the form, and the email/pdf sent to user contains all agreements regardless of the condition selected. Completely wrong and painful limitation, without a workaround.
Hopefully you can bump up the priority of this feature request!
- AIDANAnswered on March 29, 2017 at 02:25 PM
Thank you for your feedback. Our developers will definitely take it into consideration.
- AIDANAnswered on July 13, 2017 at 02:18 PM
@deianeira I will be addressing your request in this new thread: https://www.jotform.com/answers/1198604