- amitchellAsked on June 14, 2012 at 03:51 AM
I am trying to create a table. However I have the following 2 issues. (See screen shot)
1.The table will be a check box matrix of 3 across x 6 down. I would like to have words next to the check boxes. I also need header items on the left side, but not on the top.
2. All the boxes need to be check boxes, except 1. I need one of the boxes to be a numberic field. Is this possible or do all fields have to be the same?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on June 14, 2012 at 07:33 AM
You can most probably achieved such customization of the JotForm matrix field by using the source code embed of the form.
If you have the source code, you can easily place and move the appropriate labels/questions and input fields to what you require.
Inform us if you have further inquiry. Thanks.
- amitchellAnswered on June 14, 2012 at 07:14 PM
Thanks for the update, is there any chance you can write some source code that I can put into my form (or do you have any examples). I am struggling to create some thing similar to the table matrix above?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on June 14, 2012 at 07:18 PM
OK. I will try this on a form example.
Will update you at once when I have it.
Thank you for considering our service.
- amitchellAnswered on June 29, 2012 at 03:01 AM
Just checking to see if you have been able to have a look at this issue?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on June 29, 2012 at 03:16 AM
Give me a while I'll check back to it. I did test this.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on June 29, 2012 at 03:33 AM
Its very draft and needs styling to align the fields properly. But using the source code, it shows you can move the fields and re-design the html page.
The one thing I could not figure out yet though is the mix fields within the matrix table, i.e. in your case there is the check box and a numeric text box. When you view the submission report of such mix fields, the text box will not be captured properly... because the matrix box was supposed to be a checkboxes only.
I am checking further on how I can come up with a better form for you. I can only provide you at least few more days to see what I can do.
Thank you for your patience. I'll update this post when I have new info.