- Klaus DybaAsked on February 17, 2017 at 04:08 PMAll i need would be a jotform google calendar widget which would show busy dates (and non busy dates - synced with a google calendar). I hope some day someone will make this for jotform. Right now my customers have to look into another calendar, look for a free day and then choose this date in the datepicker.
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on February 17, 2017 at 04:34 PM
Hi again Klaus - Yes, we don't have any sort of integration with Google Calendar yet and the only way around this is through Zapier too.
And although this isn't exactly what you're describing here I'd still link it below for your reference in case you'd need it in the future:
From how you described it, you need it the other way around - The calendar itself integrates with the form so users can't select busy/booked dates and vice versa.
If you could give us a bit more detail on how you want the integration to happen, we can put it up as a feature request. Just get back to us with more details on what exactly you're hoping to see with the integration.
- klausdybaAnswered on February 17, 2017 at 04:42 PM
Hi Jim! That's exactly how I use it. Have a look:
I sync my bookings with zapier into my google calendar. Works perfectly, but people have to check my 3rd party google calendar first (which syncs with my google calendar) for free dates etc. (its above the jotform.
Then they have to choose the free date in the jotform datepicker. If the datepicker would directly sync with my google calendar and show busy and non busy dates, it would be perfect. if this would be possible you could build your own booking system with jotform.
I think many people are looking for this feature cause I didnt find any booking system which suits my needs.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on February 17, 2017 at 10:24 PM
Sorry but that's not possible in the form builder. Implementing that would require direct integration with Google Calendar. Perhaps you can hire someone and create a widget for you that integrates with Google Calendar. :)
You might also want to consider using Date Reservation Widget http://widgets.jotform.com/widget/date_reservation
This allows your user to select a date on the calendar. Once selected, the date will be grayed out and can't be selected again. Similar to booking calendars.
- kerialadeniyiAnswered on June 14, 2017 at 01:58 PMThe Date Reservation would work for me IF I could determine how many reservations were allowed on a particular day. Mondays - 5 Reservations Allowed, Saturdays - 0 Reservations allowed, etc. Also if I could set conditions based on other fields in the form. It is very limiting the way it is currently set up. What business limits themselves to 1 reservation a day, EVERYDAY??
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on June 14, 2017 at 03:25 PM
@kerialadeniyi - To give way to the OP, your post was moved to a separate thread https://www.jotform.com/answers/1173582
We'll have it addressed there shortly.