- chasw67Asked on February 20, 2017 at 07:43 AM
Is it at all possible to change the address fields to country specific terminology ?
I am based in England and so my form has American terms we do not use:
State / Province should be COUNTY
Postal / Zip Code should be POST CODE
I get quite a few remarks from people filling in my form as to why I have American terminology on a British form.
Hoping it is possible to change these details and I just couldn't find the information.
Otherwise please consider changing this for the future updates.
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on February 20, 2017 at 08:58 AM
The Address Field should be flexible enough to meet your requirements. You may:
1. Rename the sublabels
2. Include/Exclude fields
3. Set the Default Country to UK
Alternatively, you may also just create the fields manually. Add separate Textboxes for the fields you want to collect for the Address.
- chasw67Answered on February 20, 2017 at 09:45 AMHi - Many thanks for your swift reply and OK I had no idea you could rename the sub labels ! I thought by setting the default country to UK it would then automatically adjust the sub labels - as it didn’t I assumed they were fixed. Maybe its obvious to most people but I didn’t even think to try editing them. Anyway all good and I have changed my form and thats much better.
Many Thanks again
- chasw67Answered on February 20, 2017 at 09:46 AMHello again - actually do have another issue I am struggling to solve if you wouldn’t mind helping me again.
Firstly I see Jot Form is now at version 4 - does this automatically get applied to my form or do I need to build it again ?
Secondly I can’t work out how to have my confirmation email which gets sent to me when someone fills in the form to display differently. Here is an example:
Full Name mr Ged Farnell
Address Street Address: Bwlch Yr Adar
Street Address Line 2: Trisant, Pontarfynach
State / Province: Ceredigion
Postal / Zip Code: SY234RH
Phone Number (01974) 282605
How do you intend to travel to the event ? By Car
Where do you intend to stay during the event ? Tent On Site
Do you need catering for the weekend ? Yes Please
Are you going to bring children to the camp ? No
If Yes - How Many ?
What are there ages ?
Workshops which you may attend. Drumming
Suggestions or topics you would like to be included in the workshop?
So at some time I must have set it so the replies are in red but thats not working correctly everywhere.
So here is the issue - Address Street Address: - Why does “Street Address” show as red colour - its supposed to be part of the question and therefore in black ? Then all the subsequent Address sub labels are all in red as are the answers making it difficult to distinguish question from answer.
I can’t find the section now where you select how my form responses are configured. Is that because I am on a new Jot Form 4 interface ?
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on February 20, 2017 at 12:01 PM
The forms are compatible between JotForm v3 and v4 editors, so you do not need to redo your form.
Unfortunately, address labels are provided as a part of the answer, there is no way to set different color for them. The workaround that you may consider is to use separate fields to get the address information.
Emails can be configured under settings in v4 editor.