- AnnieSilAsked on February 20, 2017 at 01:44 PM
The form is currently left aligned and very long.
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on February 20, 2017 at 03:11 PM
It looks like you have set the form width to 10000px. Keep in mind that no matter how wide in px you set it, the form fields will never occupy the entire page unless they were shrunk. To put it in perspective, have a look at this short clip:
You'd see that ALL shrunk fields are displayed horizontally due to the excess space on the right. As soon as I change the width of the form to 99%, all the shrunk fields oriented themselves accordingly and moved to the next line. Setting it further down to 50%, the fields also organize themselves properly.
Do you want the form to have a width of 100% (99% so there's no horizontal scrollbar) then have your form fields laid out and occupy the entire width?
If that's what you want, you may use CSS to set the form width to 99% then shrink all the fields you want to be shown horizontally to eat up the excess space on the right.
Complete guide: How-to-Inject-Custom-CSS-Codes
In case we misunderstood your question, just get back to us with a bit more info and a clearer description of what you're trying to do so we can better assist you. Sending a screenshot would also help so we know exactly what you want (here's how to send one).
- AnnieSilAnswered on February 20, 2017 at 03:46 PMThanks for your response. I seemed to have made it better with shrinking form fields to fit them in same line.
However, once I shrink them they all go on same line. How do I force them to the next line? Otherwise it gets too wide?
Thanks so much!
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on February 20, 2017 at 05:00 PM
Moving them to a new line is easy. This option is actually under the Shrink option.
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on February 20, 2017 at 07:42 PM
Your new question will be answered on the next thread: https://www.jotform.com/answers/1071510
We'll reply to you on that thread as soon as possible.