- bmorgan2014Asked on February 20, 2017 at 05:54 PM
The issue with iFrame is that is does not play well with the tracking code from my referral campaign using Genius Referrals. Is there a way to make this work using them HTML Code? If not, is there a way to add my tracking code for my referral campaign directly into the form, so that it is able to track the data entered by the customer once the form is submitted ?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on February 20, 2017 at 06:05 PM
Can you also try using the form full source code to publish it on your website?
Perhaps using the source code instead, compared to using its iframe publish code will also work.
Let us know if this did not resolve the issue.
- bmorgan2014Answered on February 21, 2017 at 01:07 PM
No. That what I had originally, and was asked to change to iFrame as the Stripe payment was not working with the source code. You guys suggested iFrame for this. iFrame does not work well with my Genius Referrals tracking code. Is there a way we can make the source code work is my question....
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on February 21, 2017 at 02:00 PM
If that doesn't work for you, then you need to download the source code. However, just like what you said, Stripe integration is not working properly in that method.
Hope that helps. Thank you.
- bmorgan2014Answered on February 22, 2017 at 09:27 AM
No. That doesn't help. I need to understand why Stripe is not working with your source code, and if there is a way to fix it?
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on February 22, 2017 at 11:03 AM
It is possible that there are script conflicts between the form and the webpage. Are you getting any errors in the Console log when you try submitting the form? I checked your form and it is currently embedded using the iFrame.
Thank you for your cooperation.
- bmorgan2014Answered on February 22, 2017 at 11:15 AM
I'm sure that is possible. I switched to iFrame, when you you guys told me to originally then remembered that iFrame didn't play well with the tracking code for my referral campaign. Let me re-enter the source code. Test it again. If it doesn't work, could you check to see if there are script conflicts between the form and the web page? If not, explain to me how to check?
- bmorgan2014Answered on February 22, 2017 at 11:47 AM
So I tried it again with the source code, and it wouldn't work. Stripe is showing that it has something to do with the Jot Form payment validation.
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on February 22, 2017 at 01:13 PM
If you are using Google Chrome, please check the Console log to verify if there are any errors. Here's a guide: https://developers.google.com/web/tools/chrome-devtools/.
After that, kindly go to this thread (https://www.jotform.com/answers/1069428) and post the description of the problem together with the screenshot. In this way, we can assist you properly.
This thread is for the referral tracking code issue only. Thank you for your cooperation.
- bmorgan2014Answered on February 23, 2017 at 07:59 AM
Hi - I am not developer. This is why I use tools like Jot Form. This guide doesn't show you how to specifically verify if there are any errors. Could you please do this for me or at the very least point to the exact part of the guide that gives me steps to check for errors?
- IanAnswered on February 23, 2017 at 12:11 PM
If you tried the source code and it did not work, then as my colleague suggested , we need to find the cause of the issue through console log.
I understand that you are not developer, but you can follow little steps as guided by us, so we can assist you further.
To find console log error
Load the form in chrome browser. right click any where on page and select Inspect from the popup menu
To include Screenshot in the forum post
1, Click on the Insert/edit image tool in the message editor
2. In the dialog window, click on the open folder icon/button
3. In the Image Upload dialog window, click on Choose File button to upload your image
4. Click Submit button to start uploading screenshot image.
Help us help you.
- bmorgan2014Answered on February 24, 2017 at 09:13 PM
Thank you for providing specific instructions. Here are the errors from the form.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on February 24, 2017 at 11:46 PM
Since script conflict issue is happening, the iframe embed code will be the way to go. But using the iframe embed code prevents your tracking code snippet working properly.
Can you try the workaround process outlined below.
#1 Create a blank page within your website page. So you should have a an existing empty page i.e http://www.sportsconnectu.mobi/monthly/blank_page.html
#2 In the blank page you created, embed the form using its source code + the tracing code. The blank page should be available independently using its own URL.
#3. In your main website page, add an iframe embed code wherein the src of the iframe is the blank page you created (step #1).
Example, the iframe code will look like this
<iframe allowtransparency="true" src="//www.sportsconnectu.mobi/monthly/blank_page.html" frameborder="0" border:none;" scrolling="no"></iframe>
#4 Save your website page with the form source embedded with an iframe.
The setup should not show any script conflict issue when checking in the browser console log.
You can also test the form and check if the tracking code and Stripe payment is working.
Let us know if this resolution did not work.
- bmorgan2014Answered on February 27, 2017 at 01:45 PM
Will I have to use the blank page or can I still use the form on the sportsconnectu.mobi/monthly page?
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on February 27, 2017 at 02:44 PM
- bmorgan2014Answered on February 27, 2017 at 03:31 PM
I'm not understanding his instructions on how to create the blank page inside the main page.
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on February 27, 2017 at 04:57 PM
First, you need to create an HTML file (blank page) on your local computer. In this HTML file , you will need to insert the form's source code together with the tracking code.
Once you have an HTML file, you will need to embed this in the MAIN page using iFrame.
After that, you need to upload the MAIN page and the HTML file (blank page) to your web server.
Hope that helps. Thank you.
- bmorgan2014Answered on February 27, 2017 at 05:13 PM
Lol. I do not know how to create an HTML file. Can you give me instructions for that as well? Also, what do you mean by Web Server? Is that my landing page?
- IanAnswered on February 27, 2017 at 08:21 PM
Let me explain you what we mean by "First, you need to create an HTML file (blank page) on your local computer. In this HTML file , you will need to insert the form's source code together with the tracking code."
This simply means
1. Copy the "source code"'
2. create a local NOTEPAD file on your computer
3. Paste the source code copied in the notepad file created
4. save as "somename.html" [Remember it should be saved with extension .html and not .txt or .html.txt]
Hope this helps.
- bmorgan2014Answered on February 28, 2017 at 08:04 AM
So I saved it as an html file. See attached. Now what?
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on February 28, 2017 at 01:28 PM
You need to upload the file to your web server. The web server is where your online files are stored. It is where this page is uploaded.
After uploading the HTML file, you need to get the direct link of that file.
Are you using a webpage builder? Where is your webpage hosted?
- bmorgan2014Answered on February 28, 2017 at 02:59 PM
It is a landing page. I am using https://landingi.com/.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on February 28, 2017 at 05:34 PM
You need to upload the new web page here http://www.sportsconnectu.mobi/
Make sure the URL is up and working.
Let us know when we can check on this already
- bmorgan2014Answered on March 01, 2017 at 11:58 AM
I don't know how to upload an Html file to the a landing page... How do I do this?
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on March 01, 2017 at 04:20 PM
Normally, we use a File Uploader program to upload files to the web server. You can probably consult Landingi for this, since you are using their service. You just need to ask them that you need to upload an HTML file and embed it to the landing page.
It is possible that they can upload this file for you or they can provide you another page.
Hope that helps. Thank you.
- bmorgan2014Answered on March 03, 2017 at 09:52 AM
Jot form: http://www.sportsconnectu.mobi/monthly
I think they uploaded it. Can you check now?
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on March 03, 2017 at 04:26 PM
Unfortunately, there are still script errors between the form and the landingi page based on the console log. Here's a screenshot:
I have checked the Page Source and the Inspect tool. I can verify that the "HTML file" was not embedded using iFrame. It seems that they just added the code itself on the Custom HTML widget.
You might need to send them the HTML file and have them upload it to their server. After that, they can provide you the iFrame code together with the source (HTML file). In this way, you can just paste that code in the Custom HTML widget inside Landingi.
Hope that helps. Thank you.