- JustinAsked on February 22, 2017 at 09:55 AM
I downloaded the jotform app to be able to review rental applications on the go. We do use encrypted data on those forms. When I pull up the application in the app it out only shows the encrypted information and I do not see a place to upload my key. Is this ability not available in the app or I missing something? Thank you.
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on February 22, 2017 at 01:04 PM
Hey Justin, when you enable Form Encryption, you can only view the actual, decrypted data, from two places alone:
1. From the Submissions page
2. Or via Email
Elsewhere, data will always be encrypted and you'll have no way of decrypting it (including within the app).
Here's a snippet from the guide I'll be linking below:
Some of the features that are not available for Encrypted Forms* are:
1. PDF Downloads,
2. Reports (this includes downloading Excel and CSV files from within Submission Panel),
3. Emails that contain form data in them.
* All server side gathered and processed data can only be retrieved in encrypted form because your private key is never sent to our servers.
Complete guide: Encrypted-Forms-and-How-to-Use-Them
I strongly urge you to read the guide, specially the Q & A section to learn more about Form Encryption.