- petterstjernstedtAsked on February 23, 2017 at 05:19 AM
More specific. If the verification-mail comes to one of us can we just have a link for that persons email for confirmation? Ask if you dont understaand me fully.
- BorisAnswered on February 23, 2017 at 07:59 AM
I'm not sure whether I understood your question correctly, so I'll explain the email verification features we have available.
You can use our E-mail Validator widget to ensure that a person can only submit your form if they have access to the email address they entered into this widget. It works much like any email verification system when you sign up for an account:
1. A person enters their email address into the E-mail Validator widget, and clicks on a button.
2. They receive an email with confirmation code, which they must enter on your form to validate their email.
3. Once they enter the code they received, the form can be submitted.
The following guide describes how to add this widget to your form:
If you simply want to make sure that the email address your user entered exists, but you do not need to verify they have access to it, you can alternatively use our XVerify widget instead:
Similarly to the first widget described above, we also have a third option which is to use our Submission Verifier app:
The difference between this app and the E-mail Validator widget is that the widget will actually prevent a submission from being made, unless the email address is verified, while the app will allow all submissions, and internally mark which submission has been verified, and which hasn't been.
Please take a look at the above listed solutions, and let us know should you need any further assistance. Thank you!