- markcarlockAsked on February 23, 2017 at 12:58 PM
Is there anyway to remove the time stamp on the submission date? Mostly I need it removed when I download submissions to excel. Please advise.
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on February 23, 2017 at 02:55 PM
You can't remove the timestamp from the default Submission Date column on your Submission Page (and XLS export). As an alternative, here's how I would approach it if I were in your shoes.
1. Add a date field on my form
2. Set its Default Value to today's date (CURRENT)
3. Hide the field
With this setup, I'd have a new field/column on my submissions page that contains the date of the submission, but without the timestamp 😉
Give it a whirl and don't hesitate to get back to us if you need more help.
- markcarlockAnswered on February 23, 2017 at 03:21 PM
Thanks. I actually have that but sometimes it will default to the current date when it's being edited rather than stay the original submission date.
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on February 23, 2017 at 04:43 PM
I'm assuming this is the form you're currently working on 70256383866162.
You're right, you already have something like this in place and I'm afraid the Date Processed field has to be changed manually to the date when the submission is being edited.
On a side note, I think Excel should have a function/formula to delete string(s) based off character position. If you're interested https://exceljet.net/excel-functions/excel-left-function This may be beyond our scope of support but I still wanted to mention it.