- dbriskeyAsked on February 23, 2017 at 03:06 PM
A client reported that autosave is only working for him when he clicks "next" on the form he is in. Is this something that has changed recently? I thought it used to save every four seconds.Page URL:
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on February 23, 2017 at 05:19 PM
The new form builder version 4 has a new feature called Continuous Save. The form will automatically save every time you make changes not every four seconds.
You can also click the small turn back time icon to access the Revision History.
Hope that helps. If you have any questions, please contact us again.
- dbriskeyAnswered on February 24, 2017 at 03:13 PM
The individual completing our survey entered text, shut down his browser, and it was gone when he went back to the form. He then entered text, selected next, shut down his browser -- and the text was saved.
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on February 24, 2017 at 03:58 PM
To my understanding, the browser of the user shuts down whenever the next button is clicked. I checked your form and I was not able to replicate the issue. However, I experienced a lag when I tried filling up your form.
Upon checking, the form is too long for the Continue Forms Later. Try disabling it and check if the issue persists. Here's a guide:
1. Open your form and go to the Settings page. Select the Form Settings tab and click the Show More Options button.
2. After that, please disable the Continue Forms Later.
If the issue persists, please try using a different internet browser. Hope that helps. Thank you.
- dbriskeyAnswered on February 24, 2017 at 04:23 PM
If we disable the "continue form later" with that still allow users to come back using their unique URL to complete it?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on February 24, 2017 at 05:33 PM
Continue forms later is specific to the computer/browser the user is currently using. With this disabled, users would still be able to return to the form data via their unique session URL.
Data is only saved when progressing through pages. It is saved when the Next button is pressed. They may not have progressed through any pages the first time they submitted the form which is why nothing was saved.