- MIMIFSAsked on February 23, 2017 at 08:38 PMlast clarification so you said "Considering that all of your forms were created before Form Limit was introduces, all 23 forms on your account are grandfathered and you do not need to reduce the number of your form to 5."
means that if I have more than 5 active and update a form without archiving or disabling and so keeping it active I will be able to have more than 5 active because my account is before the 5 form rule, correct?
- IanAnswered on February 24, 2017 at 12:41 AM
The thumb rule is that FREE account cannot have more than 5 forms active all at once.
Submission limits apply to the account.
Also for FREE account, up to 10 submission payments only each month limit applies.
- MIMIFSAnswered on February 24, 2017 at 04:27 AM
ok I got about the limits
And I understand that if I deactivate a form I won't be able to activate anymore as it happened with one... and I will reduce it because really I'm not using all of them, but outcome I have 22 form active?!
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on February 24, 2017 at 06:50 AM
Currently you have 22 active forms. You can check it on usage page of your account.
Feel free to contact us if you have any other questions.
- MIMIFSAnswered on February 24, 2017 at 07:08 PM
well you did not respond, the question is
until I don't deactive all the form are going to work right? but if i deactive them I loose them right?
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on February 25, 2017 at 01:42 AM
That's right. Your existing forms will continue to work as they are. You can also update them whenever you want.
However, if you want to create a new form, you can't do that since you have surpassed the limit.