- AA_CAsked on February 24, 2017 at 09:26 PM
I would like to clone these two forms into French so I can have them up and running quickly, any suggestions?
I had thought of changing my settings to French and then doing it...
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on February 25, 2017 at 02:29 AM
Sorry but I don't think there's an easier way to do that.
First, you have to apply translations in your form. To do that, follow this guide:
1. While in the form builder, click Settings then Form Settings
2. Click show more button and enable Translations
3. Then select the languages you preferred. Example for English to French, you can do the following.
Then you can proceed on cloning them.
If I have misunderstood your question, let us know.
- AA_CAnswered on February 25, 2017 at 08:50 AM
You understand exactly.
I will do as you say...
One thing I'm not sure of in your details, do I change my account settings to French to get the right language errors?
- CharlieAnswered on February 25, 2017 at 10:10 AM
When you create the form, the language you wrote on your labels and text will be the current language of the form. We suggest stay on the English editor and have the form in English by default.
In the "Translation" it will ask you what is the current language and what translation you want to add, which is why in my colleague's screenshot, it shows "English" and "French".
The translation in French will allow you to manually add translations on the form fields and even on warning messages, you should see these columns/tabs:
This does not auto-translate your form, you can see that the text boxes for the translations are empty, we want to allow our users the flexibility to write the translations themselves as auto-translate is quite inaccurate in some ways, even our form builder in French version has some incorrect translations as the suggestions were from the community I believe. If you are not a native speaker of the other language you want to use, you can use a more accurate auto-translate tool like Google Translate to translate the text in your forms.
I hope that helps.
- AA_CAnswered on February 26, 2017 at 01:48 PM
TNX - I have the new forms up and active...
Have a good day!