- AUTO MANIACS LLCAsked on February 28, 2017 at 11:22 PM
- CharlieAnswered on March 01, 2017 at 04:25 AM
Could you please provide us more information on your concern? What key are you referring? Were you referring to the encryption key for the Encrypted submissions?
To learn more about that feature, please do check this guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/344-Encrypted-Forms-and-How-to-Use-Them.
As mentioned in that guide, the encrypted key is specific to a set of encrypted submissions. Here's how the flow works:
1. You enable the encryption feature on the form.
2. The wizard generates a new key OR you can use an existing key.
3. All new incoming submissions will be encrypted AND those will be ONLY associated with the key you used for that instance.
4. The key is automatically saved in your computer's web browser local storage for your convenience.
5. But if you open the encrypted submissions on a different computer, you will need the key itself to decrypt the encrypted submissions.
6. If you turned off the encryption, then re-enable it again and you generated a NEW key, that new key will only be associated with new encrypted submissions. The new key cannot decrypt old encrypted submissions from a different instance. Same goes with the old key, it cannot decrypt new submissions associated with the new key.
I hope that helps.