What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Why scheduled email contains the initially submitted data even when submission was edited?Asked by MXData on March 07, 2017 at 05:38 PM
Order of events:
1. Customer registered wrong information in his initial submission
2. He later corrected the information manually by using the "Edit Submission" link he got in the “auto answer mail”
3. We saw that the information became correct in the Jotform database and an EDIT mail was returned. We also saw that the information in the Excel export was updated and correct.
3. On a later specified date our JotForm sent a reminder mail to the customer containing the information he registered in JotForm. The problem was that this mail contained the information he initially submitted, ignoring his later corrections (that must be a BUG)
4. The customer was frustrated that we ignored his corrections to the initial submission
Why does the JotForm remainder mail contain information from the initial submission and not the corrected information? Is there something we change or can you fix the bug?
I tray also to declare it in a timeline example:
Thank you for reporting this.
I have just created a sample form to test this behavior, I sent initially an email auto-responder and a second one scheduled, I have also already updated the submitted info and will wait to get the scheduled auto-responder email.
I will forward this thread to our second level in order to ask our developers about it, I will also let you know and update the ticket with the result of my test.
Actually our system is allowing this change to be emailed also. But we are guessing that the system will send 2 autoresponders one normal and one edited. Our developers still investigating this issue.
In case of your mentioned form, the delayed autoresponder's Send on Edit was not checked. I turned on Send on Edit option for the your delayed autoresponder. This way your submitter should be getting the edited submission's autoresponder too.