- TrainingstogoAsked on March 08, 2017 at 05:28 PMIm trying to integrate with mailchimp with no success. The API key is correct, it was validated when Jotform open the Contact the field selector shows the corresponding fields and merge tags from mailchimp. Jotform presents a confirmation message saying that the integration is successfully completed but, when I submit the form no contacts were created inside mailchimp.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on March 08, 2017 at 05:29 PM
I have tried to integrate my Mailchimp account to a Sample (Contact Us) Form and it worked without encountering any issues.
I have tried both in Google Chrome and in Mozilla Firefox.
I made a test submission and it also worked.
Please make sure that the API Key that is used to authenticate your Mailchimp account is correct. Also, please make sure that the List you're selecting still exists.
- TrainingstogoAnswered on March 08, 2017 at 06:18 PM
If the API Key is not correct then the available fields will not be displayed. Sorry for my lousy description. As my support request states I already validate the API Key string and also I checked against the merge tags (fields) list in mailchimp.
- TrainingstogoAnswered on March 08, 2017 at 06:23 PM
Please read the previous descriptions thoroughly. It seems that you did not understand the reported issue or I am not delivering the information appropriately. If the API key was incorrect then the " Authenticated" badge will not be displayed.
- TrainingstogoAnswered on March 08, 2017 at 06:32 PM
Validating the API Key:
- JotForm SupportMike_GAnswered on March 09, 2017 at 12:04 AM
Thank you so much for explaining your issue further.
I can only assume that you found out that you're having issues with your integration after you made a test submission and it did not show on your Mailchimp's Contact List, is that correct?
I created a clone version of your form and integrated it with my Mailchimp account. I was able to reproduce the issue you are having. The issue is caused by the unmatched date field format of the Birthday field in Mailchimp and the "Fecha de Nacimiento:" field in your form.
The format of the date field, "Fecha de Nacimiento:" is DD/MM/YYYY
However, the only available format for the Birthday field in Mailchimp are MM/DD and DD/MM
In that form, I created a condition that will pass whatever input there is on the Birthday date field to a textbox field (Get BirthDate), if the Birthday field is filled. (The "Get BirthDate" field should be set as hidden on the form.)
Then, I used a Substring widget to get the value (using Field ID) of the "Get BirthDate" textbox field only from the first character to the fifth character. The widget can be hidden using the CSS codes below that can be injected to your form: How-to-Inject-Custom-CSS-Codes
display: none !important;
I have also changed the "Question Text" of the widget to "MM/DD" so it will be easy to map during integration.
The Substring widget is available to map with Mailchimp fields.
I have applied the workaround above to the clone version of your form and it worked.
Note: Make sure to match the format of the date field in Mailchimp and your form. If it's DD/MM in your form, it should also be DD/MM in Mailchimp.
I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again anytime.
- TrainingstogoAnswered on March 09, 2017 at 12:41 PM
Thanks a lot Mike_G. It works!!!