- gharrisAsked on June 20, 2012 at 10:34 PM
Is it possible to display this field on the form?
This is a re-post of a comment on How to Add Custom Unique IDs to your Form Submissions?
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on June 20, 2012 at 11:00 PM
Yes, that's possible by modifying your form's source code, simply change unique id type to text instead of hidden. Here's how:
1. Get your form source code by following this screen:
2. Paste your codes to any editing tools you have like notepad and search for this code. It's usually on the bottom part of your form source codes.
<input type="hidden" class="form-hidden"
3. After that, change hidden to text like this:
<input type="text" class="form-hidden"
You can also change form-hidden to form-textbox to mimic your form textbox styles.
Hope this helps. Let me know if you need further clarification about this. Thanks!
- eccusacAnswered on July 04, 2012 at 07:13 PM
Good afternoon there another way that is visible to the user. and locate the code and can not find it
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on July 04, 2012 at 07:31 PM
Can you please re-phrase your question... It is OK to use your primary language.
- thesekimanAnswered on July 15, 2012 at 06:44 AM
Hello, I have a question regarding hidden unique ID.
I did the solution by editing source code, but there is a problem of ID generation, it always stays the same after submitting form.
I've changed this line which was at bottom of source code: <input type="text" class="form-textbox" value="8" id="input_1" name="q1_redniBroj" />
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on July 15, 2012 at 07:47 AM
Hi, Can you share to us the URL of the page where the you use the form source code. We can check further.
- thesekimanAnswered on July 15, 2012 at 08:37 AM
Yes I can share it, this is the form I want to use:
I've relocated the Unique ID code to show it on the top right of my forms, as you can see it. As I understand, Unique ID field is now showing in the front-end the number which is written in value="8" code, therefore, I can change that number in my form, but everytime I refresh, it will go back to "8".
I was wondering if it's possible to show that uniqueID like it's shown in submissions (with prefix too), but I'm guessing not, probably because UniqueID is generated after the form is submitted?
For example when someone opens the form, that the next UniqueID number which will be saved is shown instead that "8".
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on July 15, 2012 at 04:19 PM
Hi, it seems that changing the text/hidden field input class to "form-textbox" breaks the code
<input type="text" class="form-textbox" value="8" id="input_1" name="q1_redniBroj" />Try only change the input type "hidden" to "text" and test the form...Please try updating the code and test. Inform us if still does not work.Thanks.
- vichecaAnswered on June 12, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Hi, I wanna do the same as Garris, but in the same JotForm, so after I use the source code I cant modify in the same field, I copied all the code in notepad and modified, but now how can I put in my JoitForm to see the unique ID. In another hand, can I use the Unique ID to search the form and add informtion?
- jefreylandichoAnswered on June 12, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Yes you can try adding a value or placeholder value in a field which has an ID. E.g
<input type="text" id="myname" value="sample value">
To get the ID of the field, please refer to this video presentation found on this link.
- cheekyfaceAnswered on October 11, 2014 at 09:16 PM
Any chance that there will ever be an easy option to just click a button in the tool bar to enable visibility for the unique ID field?
I'd like to use it as a coupon code generator but it's sort of useless to me as a hidden field. I'm going to try a workaround to have the value display in another field in order to display it and hopefully I'll figure it out but if you guys have any advice I'll be looking forward to your reply.
- BenAnswered on October 12, 2014 at 06:15 AM
Yes it is possible to be done, but I have moved your question to a new thread so that we are not sending emails to everyone that had replied to this group already and since that would allow us to help you with your solution properly.
I have moved it here: http://www.jotform.com/answers/441824
The solutions however would be the same as it was already given by my colleagues above, by editing source code.