- chituAsked on June 21, 2012 at 01:45 AM
keep getting Form Data Cannot Be Decoded error when trying to preview my form I'm creating from last two days
I treid in all browsers IE8-Mozillz-Chrome-opera.also,when i am treid to upload image at times i get message connection closed from server.Saved Form works fine but then i am trying to edit add image and when i uploas inage and try to save then a message pops up try to do that i received a message Form Data Cannot Be Decoded
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on June 21, 2012 at 05:50 AM
Can you please recheck if the error is still occuring? I can't seem to replicate this issue. Please update us so that we can further assist you with this.
Apologies for this inconvenience. Thank you.
- writeitrightAnswered on June 21, 2012 at 08:12 PM
Same problem here! I've cleared the cache and tried switching browsers. please help!!!
- jeanettebmzAnswered on June 21, 2012 at 08:23 PM
could you please tell me what is your form id? if the URL of your form start with http://form. It might be related to a temporary glitch
Please check the reasons here
- writeitrightAnswered on June 21, 2012 at 08:37 PM
- jeanettebmzAnswered on June 21, 2012 at 08:44 PM
I cloned your form but was not able to reproduce the error.
However, what it is causing the error might be the combination of the page break and the form collapse, as this is a known incompatibility between the two of them. Please remove the form collapse and give it a try.
Let us know if the issue got resolved with the hint
- writeitrightAnswered on June 21, 2012 at 08:49 PM
I have several form collapse--do I need to remove them all?
- jeanettebmzAnswered on June 21, 2012 at 08:54 PM
Please go to this thread, the answer is there
- writeitrightAnswered on June 21, 2012 at 08:57 PM
I have removed ALL of the form collapses, yet I continue to get the error message when I attempt to save the additional edits I've made. ....
- jeanettebmzAnswered on June 21, 2012 at 08:59 PM
Please go to your thread
- jeanettebmzAnswered on June 21, 2012 at 09:05 PM
Ok, I have added a condition
The promo code of my test is 123abc
Try with that in my form and let me know if this is what you need to accomplish
- jeanettebmzAnswered on June 21, 2012 at 09:06 PM
Also, enter an invalid code and you will see the message
- jeanettebmzAnswered on June 21, 2012 at 09:09 PM
Now I was the one writing on this thread, sorry
- bvwineAnswered on June 21, 2012 at 09:11 PM
Same here, my form has no form collapses just new pages but now will not save and shows the same error as above.
I have tried cloning the form, logging out, clearing the cache as suggested on other submissions but all to no avail.
This seems to be a common problem over the last few days.
- jeanettebmzAnswered on June 21, 2012 at 09:22 PM
In your case, change the domain of your form from http://form. to http://www.
Please check the reasons here
- bvwineAnswered on June 21, 2012 at 09:35 PM
How do I do that while editing the form? On the www.jotform.com website any button I press tries to change the form starts a save which fails with the error message Form Data cannot be decoded.the problem is with editing the form on the jotform website not on accessing the completed form.
- jeanettebmzAnswered on June 21, 2012 at 09:42 PM
I would recommend you to make a clone first
- bvwineAnswered on June 21, 2012 at 09:49 PM
I have made a clone and that has the same issues, also tried clearing browser cache and tried aanother browser but still gives the same error.
- writeitrightAnswered on June 21, 2012 at 10:04 PM
@bvwine, have you gotten your issue resolved yet? If so, could you please share your solution? Thanks!
- jeanettebmzAnswered on June 21, 2012 at 10:57 PM
Dear bvwine, writeitright and chitu
I have escalated this issue to 2nd level so they can investigate . I apologize for all the inconveniences.
You should recieve updatees on this thread
- client_regAnswered on June 22, 2012 at 06:50 PM
Having the same issue
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on June 22, 2012 at 07:40 PM
This issue has been addressed to our Development Team.
@client_reg, You may try to manage your forms via http://www.jotform.us/ domain to see if that makes any difference.
Once we get any news we will update this thread.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on June 23, 2012 at 04:51 AM
I've been intermittently getting the "Form data cannot be decoded" error too but it seems that disabling auto save helps. The next time you see the message when a form is loaded in the form builder, click OK and then right-click any empty area (any place other than a form field) and when the contextual menu pops up, click Disable Auto Save:
Please let us know if this helps.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on June 23, 2012 at 05:19 AM
If you get the "Form data cannot be decoded" message while auto save is disabled, click OK and enable it.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on June 23, 2012 at 08:24 AM
I'm afraid that solution (disabling or enabling auto save, as the case may be) doesn't always work.
- bvwineAnswered on June 26, 2012 at 03:29 AM
Tried it today & the form works correctly, have the development team fixed the problem?
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on June 26, 2012 at 06:48 AM
We're certainly glad to hear that you're no longer experiencing the problem but to my knowledge, it hasn't been fixed (at least not for everyone) because the ticket is still opened. The error's occurrence appears to be totally random in nature. So, until the issue is fixed systemwide, just be aware that there's the possibility of it happening on your end again. If it does, you can try logging out of your account and clearing the browser's cache, as suggested by colleague jeanettebmz in another thread (see How to Clear Your Browser's Cache, if necessary).
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on June 26, 2012 at 06:51 AM
Oh sorry. I see that you've already tried clearing the cache to solve the problem.
- chituAnswered on July 02, 2012 at 02:43 AM
My issue is resolved.One should also check internet speed besides clearing cache.Your internet speed should be high enough atleast 1mbps.One your form is created and online then your work is done.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on July 02, 2012 at 04:27 AM
Hi, we're glad to know that this issue is resolved on your end. Thank you for updating us and also for the additional information you provided.