- cstwpbAsked on March 09, 2017 at 10:18 AM
I have been having nothing but trouble receiving any uploads from my web site! I have tried to communicate with you through this support form, but have NEVER HEARD BACK FROM YOU!!!!!!!! Can someone PLEASE try to figure out what is going on with why?????!!!!!
Out of the blue, my email ended up on your bounce list, I guess I removed that, but now nothing is coming through my form!!!!!
I AM FRUSTRATED THAT I CAN'T GET ANY HELP!! I PAY TO PLAY, BUT GETTING NOTHING IN RETURN!!!
On the front page of my web site, there is an UPLOAD FILE button, Clients will click on that to access my form to send large files for me to download.
I need to get this fixed! I'm looking foolish!
Please contact me back at email@example.comPage URL:
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on March 09, 2017 at 05:07 PM
The problem is that the upload field was setup to accept up to 1 MB (1024 kb) and this is a very small size, so I have increased it to accept up to 10 MB (10240 kb)
If you need further help let me know.
- cstwpbAnswered on March 10, 2017 at 10:00 AM
Thank you! But it was originally set up to accept multiple uploads totaling 900MB.
Where do I make that change?
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on March 10, 2017 at 01:37 PM
Here is how to increase the file size allowed:
1) Click the Upload field and then Properties:
2) Click Options tab and then set the Maximum allowed size:
3) For multiple uploads click Multiple tab:
And just switch it on.
If you have any additional questions please let us know.