- medarbeiderneAsked on March 09, 2017 at 02:14 PM
I am trying to make a calculation where my customers get a discount if they refer to a conversation with a salesman, so that the salesman can get a bonus on an online purchase.
I have built calculations so I have the price in a hidden field, but when i try to make that field become the price for the subscription no fields appear in the dropdown.
- JotForm SupportamyAnswered on March 10, 2017 at 02:13 AM
We are sorry for the inconvenience issue.
When I cloned your form on my end in order to test it, I cannot replicate the issue.
However, when I check your original form, I can replicate it.
I am escalating your issue to our developers. They will check it and when we fix it, you'll be informed via this topic.
Thank you for letting us know the problem.
- medarbeiderneAnswered on March 10, 2017 at 05:46 AMThanks! Can I somehow replace the current form with the replicated one,
without breaking links etc.?
fre. 10. mar. 2017 kl. 08:12 skrev JotForm :
- JotForm SupportamyAnswered on March 10, 2017 at 07:09 AM
Unfortunately, I cannot get a result on your account when I cloned your current form. To be honest I can say that it's a strange issue.
I cleared your form caches, however, the result is the same. I've forwarded all the details to our developers.
Thank you very much for your patience.
- tboykinAnswered on March 10, 2017 at 02:47 PM
I'm having the exact same issue
Unable to get dynamic price variable
- tboykinAnswered on March 10, 2017 at 03:04 PM
I was able to get this working....looks like you can't use the built in Calculations under the SETTINGS tab...instead you have to use the Form Calculations Widget (https://widgets.jotform.com/widget/calculation) or else the variable doesn't come up as an option
- JotForm DeveloperScottAnswered on March 13, 2017 at 01:06 PM
I talked this with our developers and the thing is, form calculation widget is a must for this process in order to limit the data input as numerical values.
Upon your report we noticed that we should have put this crucial information to the user interface.
Thank you for reporting this issue to us. Let us know if you ever need anything else,
- medarbeiderneAnswered on March 13, 2017 at 07:46 PMThis is not the right answer. I *_do_* have a form calculation widget. The
widget does not show as an option. Please investigate further.
man. 13. mar. 2017 kl. 18:05 skrev JotForm :
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on March 13, 2017 at 11:14 PM
Can you please confirm that this is still the form https://www.jotformeu.com/form/70174281752354 that have the issue?
I reviewed this form, but I could not find the Calculation widget on it that can be used for custom payment calculation.
Let us know the correct form URL and we will look into this further.
- medarbeiderneAnswered on March 15, 2017 at 04:46 AMThis not at all related to paypal. Please try to understand the problem
before you try to fix it.
I want the price of the subscription to be affected by choices the
tir. 14. mar. 2017 kl. 04:13 skrev JotForm :
- medarbeiderneAnswered on March 15, 2017 at 04:46 AMSee this:
[image: Skjermbilde 2017-03-15 kl. 09.41.17.png]
- CharlieAnswered on March 15, 2017 at 05:58 AM
Apologies for the inconvenience, I was able to replicate the problem.
To confirm, you cannot use the form calculation widgets for the "Variable Price" option?
1. I have two form calculation widget, you can see that they are not showing in the drop down option in the "Variable Price"->Get Price From:
2. Now those form calculation widgets have a conditional logic on them. The condition is that they will only be shown in the form if the number field is filled out.
3. Now if I delete the condition and reconnect my Stripe account, you'll see that the form calculation widgets can now be used in the "Variable Price"->Get Price From option.
So the problem seems to be related to the form calculation widget have a SHOW/HIDE conditional logic.
I'll update our developers about this problem. Apologies for the inconvenience.
- medarbeiderneAnswered on March 15, 2017 at 06:46 AMAha. The only thing I had to do was reconnect Stripe. You could've just
said that :)
I figured it out.Now I'm wondering if you could please help me with the
formatting of the price-field. It looks a bit less trustworthy than I'd
like it to. Could you help me center it and remove the line?
[image: Skjermbilde 2017-03-15 kl. 11.23.11.png]
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on March 15, 2017 at 08:21 AM
The other question related to formatting of price field is moved to a separate field and shall be addressed there shortly.