- clvrAsked on December 31, 2010 at 01:05 AMWe previously had a successful test and a couple live subscriptions created without any problems using the authorize.net integration. Now a new person is trying to sign up and getting a schema error along the lines of ' billto' having invalid child element ' email'.Does anyone know if something changed recently either with auth.net API or jotform? Or should I suspect user error?Honestly though I think they are doing everything right. Again this is using the auth.net subscription form and seems to have been working fine before but stopped for no apparent reason
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on January 02, 2011 at 01:23 AM
Can you try this?
1. Login to the Merchant Interface ( https://secure.authorize.net )
2. Click on Settings and Profile -> Payment Form -> Form Fields
3. Make email field non-required
- clvrAnswered on January 03, 2011 at 02:32 AM
Thank you for the idea. But when I checked the Form Fields settings in Authorize.Net - ALL fields were already currently set to non-required, so I do not think that is related to the issue.
Still hoping for an answer on this. Much appreciated.
- serkanAnswered on January 03, 2011 at 10:20 AM
@clvr I've removed the email parts from Auth.net would you please test it again.
Thanks for reporting.
- clvrAnswered on January 05, 2011 at 02:35 PM
Thank you serkan! That seems to have done the trick. Much appreciated!!!