- grafiti4uAsked on March 10, 2017 at 04:22 PM
Hi! I want to create a form using Paypal, where a visitor can select multiple documents, each for $1.00. After they purchase the PDF document(s) I would like to send them an email with a link, where they can click and download the document(s) they just purchased. Is this possible?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on March 11, 2017 at 01:04 AM
This is possible unless you want a secured download links through email.
For sending the link, you can conditionally do it based on the selected item. This means that you have to create an email per item, especially when allowing multiple options.
Note, you should create an autoresponder email for the submitter instead of the notifier which is sent to you as the form owner.
Please try it and let us know if you need any further help.
- HortHelpAnswered on March 12, 2017 at 05:46 PM
Ok, so say for instance someone bought 5 different pdf documents at $1.00 each, from a form I create. They would pay $5 through PayPal, and then using the steps to set up each document with a email with unique link, would the person then get 5 different emails, each one with a different link to download the document? Or would they get one email with a list of the 5 different links to download?
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on March 12, 2017 at 11:06 PM
Both can be possible. For an instance, you can set up 5 autoresponder emails if you want them to receive 5 different emails each one with a different link to download.
Related Guide: Setting Up an Autoresponder Email.
You may also choose to create just one Autoresponder Email so that they can only receive one email with 5 different links to download. You can edit it from the Email Body.
- kristiAnswered on March 13, 2017 at 07:30 AM
Hi Christian, this is what I would like, the second option to have one email sent with 5 links to download. So I am not sure now, how I set up the form so that it knows the url link for downloading each unique file. Do I do this somewhere in the AutoResponder? Can you explain how I would do that please?
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on March 13, 2017 at 09:15 AM
I am creating a sample form for you. Please give me some time to finish the sample form. I will get back to you as soon as I am finished creating the sample form.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on March 13, 2017 at 09:35 AM
Here is the sample form that I have created: https://form.jotformpro.com/70713604543956. To setup your form, you can follow the steps below:
1. Add a Mulitple Choice field in your form that will display the list of your downloadable products.
2. Add Short Text Entry field that will hold the link values for each selected downloadable products. Set this field to hidden so users will not be able to see these fields.
3. Setup conditions to add the downloadable link to the added Short Text Entry fields. For more information about conditions, you can check this article: Smart Forms Using Conditional Logic.
4. For the payment processing, we will manually compute for the Total so you will need to add a Form Calculation widget on your form. Set the field to hidden so users will not be able to see this field.
5. Set the Payment field's Payment Type option to User Defined Amount and then set the Get Price From option to the Form Calculation widget field.
Once you have set this up, the autoresponder that will be received by your user will be something like this:
To have a closer look at the setup, you can clone the form. You can check this article for more information: How to Clone an Existing Form from a URL.
Do let us know if you need further assistance.