What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Sending an email with digital download after completing the paymentAsked by grafiti4u on March 10, 2017 at 04:22 PM
Hi! I want to create a form using Paypal, where a visitor can select multiple documents, each for $1.00. After they purchase the PDF document(s) I would like to send them an email with a link, where they can click and download the document(s) they just purchased. Is this possible?
This is possible unless you want a secured download links through email.
For sending the link, you can conditionally do it based on the selected item. This means that you have to create an email per item, especially when allowing multiple options.
Note, you should create an autoresponder email for the submitter instead of the notifier which is sent to you as the form owner.
Please try it and let us know if you need any further help.
Ok, so say for instance someone bought 5 different pdf documents at $1.00 each, from a form I create. They would pay $5 through PayPal, and then using the steps to set up each document with a email with unique link, would the person then get 5 different emails, each one with a different link to download the document? Or would they get one email with a list of the 5 different links to download?
Both can be possible. For an instance, you can set up 5 autoresponder emails if you want them to receive 5 different emails each one with a different link to download.
Related Guide: Setting Up an Autoresponder Email.
You may also choose to create just one Autoresponder Email so that they can only receive one email with 5 different links to download. You can edit it from the Email Body.
Hi Christian, this is what I would like, the second option to have one email sent with 5 links to download. So I am not sure now, how I set up the form so that it knows the url link for downloading each unique file. Do I do this somewhere in the AutoResponder? Can you explain how I would do that please?
I am creating a sample form for you. Please give me some time to finish the sample form. I will get back to you as soon as I am finished creating the sample form.
Here is the sample form that I have created: https://form.jotformpro.com/70713604543956. To setup your form, you can follow the steps below:
1. Add a Mulitple Choice field in your form that will display the list of your downloadable products.
2. Add Short Text Entry field that will hold the link values for each selected downloadable products. Set this field to hidden so users will not be able to see these fields.
3. Setup conditions to add the downloadable link to the added Short Text Entry fields. For more information about conditions, you can check this article: Smart Forms Using Conditional Logic.
4. For the payment processing, we will manually compute for the Total so you will need to add a Form Calculation widget on your form. Set the field to hidden so users will not be able to see this field.
5. Set the Payment field's Payment Type option to User Defined Amount and then set the Get Price From option to the Form Calculation widget field.
Once you have set this up, the autoresponder that will be received by your user will be something like this:
To have a closer look at the setup, you can clone the form. You can check this article for more information: How to Clone an Existing Form from a URL.
Do let us know if you need further assistance.