- dkelsoAsked on March 14, 2017 at 03:24 AMHi Sir, I need to get these things with my jotform in my website:
1. Original Referrer
2. Reporting the page they were on when they filled out the form
those are two different things, the second one was able to achieved using the get referrer widget, what widget can I use to get the number 1, the Original Referrer? Original Referrer is the page where they get the hyperlink.
- IanAnswered on March 14, 2017 at 03:33 AM
We recommend to use the Get Form Page Url. This will give you the right url where the form is embedded.
Let us know if that helps.
- dkelsoAnswered on March 15, 2017 at 10:10 PM
I think this is different, what I need is, for example:
I google my site's form page and it shows on page one then I click it and go to the form, fill it up and send it, the original referrer will be Google.
How can I achieve that?
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on March 16, 2017 at 02:35 AM
I would suggest you to please go ahead and add "Get Referrer" widget in your form which will help you capture from where users came to your form.
Do try out the widget and get back to us if you have any questions.
- dkelsoAnswered on March 19, 2017 at 09:03 PM
Hello Ashwin, I already have the Get Referrer widget as you can read my thread above but it's just getting the "page before" you go to the form, what I need is the page where they get the hyperlink of my page. How can I get the original referrer with that widget?
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on March 19, 2017 at 11:12 PM
That is correct. The "Get Referrer" widget will capture the web page URL from where users come to your form. It seems you are trying to capture the webpage URL from where users come to the page where they get the hyperlink of your form/page. Unfortunately it is only possible to capture the source of the hyperlink referrer to your form.
Please confirm if my understanding it correct and we will see if there is any workaround available.
We will wait for your response.
- dkelsoAnswered on March 20, 2017 at 08:20 PM
Yes, that is correct I need the original referrer where they get the hyperlink of my form/web. Waiting for your reply, thanks! have a nice day.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on March 21, 2017 at 02:03 AM
Unfortunately, it is not possible to capture the source of the hyperlink referrer of your form. The Get Referer widget captures the URL of the page which the submission came.
Let us know if you need further assistance.
- dkelsoAnswered on March 21, 2017 at 09:46 PM
If I can't get it via get referrer, do we have other widget for that?
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on March 21, 2017 at 10:59 PM
- iondjpAnswered on May 17, 2017 at 02:32 PM
I would like to assess the Referrer URL in a condition to determine hide/show options on my form. It seems that the Referrer URL is only saved into the form when the submit button is clicked. Is there a way to retrieve and use the Referrer before?
I have attempted to use both of these widgets but have not succeeded.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on May 17, 2017 at 03:04 PM
@iondjp: I've created a new thread for your inquiry. Link here https://www.jotform.com/answers/1147387.