- rduongAsked on March 16, 2017 at 09:49 AM
I would like to put on my form a widget for download a document. Every one have to read a rules section, but it's a very long text, so i would like the person can download a file or a link to open a new page to pdf.
Thank you for your help.
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on March 16, 2017 at 01:42 PM
If you have the terms available in a web page, you may use the Terms and Conditions widget and link the web page there.
If you have the rules as a PDF file, you may upload it to your server and get the direct link and display the file on the form using the PDF embedder widget.
Hope this information helps! Please get back to us if you need any further assistance. We will be happy to help.
- rduongAnswered on March 17, 2017 at 05:15 AM
It's no working for PDF embedder widget
- rduongAnswered on March 17, 2017 at 05:24 AM
there is my pdf file. What next ?
- rduongAnswered on March 17, 2017 at 06:29 AM
I don't know how can i create a link for my pdf document...
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on March 17, 2017 at 09:23 AM
If you want to create a link to your form that will redirect to the download page of your PDF, you can do this by following the instructions below.
1. Add a Text field to your form.
2. Click Edit Text to edit the content of the Text field.
2. Click the link icon to setup your link.
3. Setup link then click Ok.
5. Save changes on the Text field.
If you want to display the PDF document to your form, please try the methods provided in this article: How to Display a PDF Document on your Form.
Do let us know if you need further assistance.
- rduongAnswered on March 17, 2017 at 11:02 AM
Thanks, but i would like entire pdf show up, not the website to download.
i would like this :
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on March 17, 2017 at 12:19 PM
Please be noted that it is required to have the PDF file to be accessible directly in order to display in the PDF embedder widget. The PDF link that you have provided seems to be file sharing link in which the file is not directly accessible. You may upload the PDF file to your Google Drive and use the sharing link to display it on the PDF embedder widget.
Please give it a try and let us know if you need any further assistance. Thank you!
- rduongAnswered on March 20, 2017 at 05:54 AM
Still no working.
I put the link in the widget as you suggested...but nothing...
there is the link fron google drive : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B88Ua2pKYY7yc0VuQ0NLRm9rM0U
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on March 20, 2017 at 08:01 AM
I would recommend that you place your PDF file somewhere else other than from those cloud services like Google Drive. What is needed is that you have the direct link to the PDF file when visiting the link. Example: http://www.somedomain.com/files/yourdocument.pdf
While PDF files are accessible through the links you have provided, these are not the actual direct links to the files and for this reason why they do not appear within the form when used as a source link.
If you need clarification on this matter, please let us know.
- rduongAnswered on March 21, 2017 at 04:55 AM
I don't want waste your anyumore about this topic.
Would you please do it for me ? it's urgent, I have to send this form today.
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on March 21, 2017 at 09:14 AM
I added a PDF for you in your form:
And here is how it looks like:
I wasn't sure where you want that field to be, so feel free to reposition it. Also you can adjust the height and width of it by using the Properties button:
Let us know if you have any further questions.
- rduongAnswered on March 21, 2017 at 09:19 AM
1 000 thanks !!! very kindful !
it became a nightmare ! thanks a lot !