What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Payment Integration>>Coupon: set discount to a specific quantity of a specific product.Asked by EastEndSeaportMuseum on March 17, 2017 at 12:00 PM
I'm having trouble configuring my coupon.
We are selling Tickets for Lighthouse Cruises.
I setup a code called TEST.
I want BUY ONE, GET ONE FREE.
So a person would buy 2 adult tickets ($39 each so $78 total).
Then putting in coupon code they should get $39 off, so a total of $39.
It should only apply to the Adult ticket.
I think I have all the settings correct but when you put in the code it applies it to both tickets for a total of $0.00.
Can you please look?
If you want to apply the discount to one product only, please do it this way:
Let us know if you need more help.
Yes but I want them to get 1 free adult ticket. If they are buying 4 tickets they will get 2 free.
So I want fixed amount of $39 but I only want them to be able to get it once.
By setting a 50% discount you will accomplish what you need. If they select 4, the will technically get 2 of them for free.
But that's not what I want. We are only giving 1 free ticket. So I need a fixed amount of $39 that can only be redeemed 1 time per customer.
I see, I am afraid it will not be possible to accomplish what you need to, since it is not possible to set a coupon limit per customer.
Ok but can you please tell me how I can at least restrict it per transaction? We can change the code monthly so it's not likely that a customer would order twice in one month. But they frequently order multiple tickets in a single transaction.
So can I give $39 off for a person ordering 2 or more adult tickets without discounting all of them as it is now.
No, that is not possible to accomplish with the coupon feature of the payment integrations. I have forwarded a request to our back-end team. Please note that there isn't an estimated time-frame for the implementation. You will be notified via this thread if this gets implemented.
Is there a 3rd party widget that could do this? Then I'd just send the total to stripe.
There isn't a specific widget to accomplish it. But a possible work around could be the following example:
1) Setup your products through drop down fields:
2) The perform a calculation to obtain the total: https://www.jotform.com/help/259-How-to-Perform-Form-Calculation-Using-a-Widget
3) Add a text box field to ask the user to enter the coupon.
4) Add two more Calculation fields to obtain the discount total and final total.
5) Then create a condition to show the "Enter Coupon" field to the user, only if the Product A has been selected and is different than 1(in other words, if the user has selected more than 1): https://support.jotform.com/help/316-How-to-Show-or-Hide-Fields-Base-on-User-s-Answer
6) Create a condition to insert a number into the Discount calculation field if the right coupon code is entered: https://support.jotform.com/help/268-Conditional-Logic-Inserts-Text-Calculation-Into-A-Field
See the result: http://www.jotform.co/form/70777966249879
Hope this helps, let us know if you have more questions.
Thank you that is very helpful!