- EastEndSeaportMuseumAsked on March 17, 2017 at 12:00 PM
I'm having trouble configuring my coupon.
We are selling Tickets for Lighthouse Cruises.
I setup a code called TEST.
I want BUY ONE, GET ONE FREE.
So a person would buy 2 adult tickets ($39 each so $78 total).
Then putting in coupon code they should get $39 off, so a total of $39.
It should only apply to the Adult ticket.
I think I have all the settings correct but when you put in the code it applies it to both tickets for a total of $0.00.
Can you please look?
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on March 17, 2017 at 02:50 PM
If you want to apply the discount to one product only, please do it this way:
Let us know if you need more help.
- EastEndSeaportMuseumAnswered on March 19, 2017 at 02:16 PM
Yes but I want them to get 1 free adult ticket. If they are buying 4 tickets they will get 2 free.
So I want fixed amount of $39 but I only want them to be able to get it once.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on March 19, 2017 at 02:52 PM
By setting a 50% discount you will accomplish what you need. If they select 4, the will technically get 2 of them for free.
- EastEndSeaportMuseumAnswered on March 19, 2017 at 03:26 PM
But that's not what I want. We are only giving 1 free ticket. So I need a fixed amount of $39 that can only be redeemed 1 time per customer.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on March 19, 2017 at 04:19 PM
I see, I am afraid it will not be possible to accomplish what you need to, since it is not possible to set a coupon limit per customer.
- EastEndSeaportMuseumAnswered on March 19, 2017 at 04:39 PM
Ok but can you please tell me how I can at least restrict it per transaction? We can change the code monthly so it's not likely that a customer would order twice in one month. But they frequently order multiple tickets in a single transaction.
So can I give $39 off for a person ordering 2 or more adult tickets without discounting all of them as it is now.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on March 19, 2017 at 05:26 PM
No, that is not possible to accomplish with the coupon feature of the payment integrations. I have forwarded a request to our back-end team. Please note that there isn't an estimated time-frame for the implementation. You will be notified via this thread if this gets implemented.
- EastEndSeaportMuseumAnswered on March 19, 2017 at 06:00 PM
Is there a 3rd party widget that could do this? Then I'd just send the total to stripe.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on March 19, 2017 at 08:22 PM
There isn't a specific widget to accomplish it. But a possible work around could be the following example:
1) Setup your products through drop down fields:
2) The perform a calculation to obtain the total: https://www.jotform.com/help/259-How-to-Perform-Form-Calculation-Using-a-Widget
3) Add a text box field to ask the user to enter the coupon.
4) Add two more Calculation fields to obtain the discount total and final total.
5) Then create a condition to show the "Enter Coupon" field to the user, only if the Product A has been selected and is different than 1(in other words, if the user has selected more than 1): https://support.jotform.com/help/316-How-to-Show-or-Hide-Fields-Base-on-User-s-Answer
6) Create a condition to insert a number into the Discount calculation field if the right coupon code is entered: https://support.jotform.com/help/268-Conditional-Logic-Inserts-Text-Calculation-Into-A-Field
See the result: http://www.jotform.co/form/70777966249879
Hope this helps, let us know if you have more questions.
- EastEndSeaportMuseumAnswered on March 19, 2017 at 09:09 PM
Thank you that is very helpful!