- arkhosxxAsked on March 19, 2017 at 12:22 PM
Good Morning.. I want to include a field in my form in which the person enters his code and thus presents the name of it already registered in the system.
It would be like this: the person fills in his code and so the form shows the name already registered in another place.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on March 19, 2017 at 01:27 PM
Unfortunately, it is not possible to pull data from a database. You could download the full source code of your form, and hire a developer to implement what you need: https://www.jotform.com/help/104-How-to-get-the-Full-Source-Code-of-your-Form, and finally upload it to your server.
On regards of restricting submissions based on a unique answer, that is possible to accomplish, here is how to do it: https://www.jotform.com/help/223-How-to-set-Form-Limits-Based-on-a-Unique-Question
Let us know if you need more help.
- arkhosxxAnswered on March 19, 2017 at 01:33 PM
In this case of the database, I would not have to register in some field in the form itself and thus, when the person enters the code he pulls the name of it ?
2) I noticed that it works only when you click submit. In this case it would not be possible to validate the page pass for example. ?
I appreciate the answer
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on March 19, 2017 at 02:32 PM
1) You can create conditions if the list of people is not that extensive: https://www.jotform.com/help/268-Conditional-Logic-Inserts-Text-Calculation-Into-A-Field
2) Unfortunately no, it only works upon submission.
Let us know if you have more questions.
- arkhosxxAnswered on March 19, 2017 at 06:39 PMA yes .. Thank you very much.In case, how do I validate the number above. If the person, type a number that is not in the conditions it does not allow to proceed.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on March 19, 2017 at 10:46 PM
If you do not want to allow the users to proceed when they type a number that is not in the condition, you can hide the field so that they will not be able to proceed.
You can set a condition to hide the Full Name field if the users type a wrong Entry Code.
- arkhosxxAnswered on March 20, 2017 at 06:49 AM
Thanks for the great support. Thank you so.