- ARAGAsked on June 27, 2012 at 02:34 PM
Two simple questions:
1. What is the status of JotForm Pro? Do the payed customers get the seperate URL? Is this completely seperate from the free version? So that attacks etc on the free version do not affect the Pro version? Are there any other enhancements planned for the Pro package compared to the Free?
2. Using Jotform in Europe makes it that forms (using the embed option) load slow in a webpage. I am not sure if it's because of the file size that has to be loaded or that the data must come from the US. But it's slow. The speed is not consistently fast. But slow most of the times. Using a form in a landingpage it must load fast. Using a jotform with the embed option will not do it. And that's a shame because Jotform is a very cool and easy to tool that creates beautiful forms. Of course i can use the HTML option, but the embed option makes editing and maintaining the form so very easy.
Do other non-american users have the same observations? What is the possible status of a seperate server in Europe?
Thanks in advance,
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on June 27, 2012 at 05:19 PM
Thank you for contacting us.
1. Yes, JotForm Pro domain is separated from Free users.
There might be different types of attacks, that is why we can not guarantee that jotformpro.com domain will not be affected by some way. However, our Engineers have done a lot in order to improve our system, so that we can provide reliable services.
Please note that we are trying to not limit our Free users, and provide them with top notch services too.
We do care about Premium users and providing them with priority support.
2. We have servers in Europe. You can also try to manage your forms via http://www.jotformeu.com/ domain to see if that makes any difference for you (forms still will be saved with jotformpro.com URL).
Please note that we use Content Delivery Network to provide fast load speed all over the world.
When you load your form via http://www.jotformpro.com/form/form_id_here it is loaded from our servers, but when you use defaul URL like http://FORM.jotformpro.com/form/form_id_here it is loaded via our CDN.
Do you have any URL(s) that we can check?
As far as I can see, our forms are pretty fast.
- ARAGAnswered on August 17, 2012 at 04:24 AM
Iam using the embed script. It says: https://secure.jotformpro.com/jsform/22284239963966. So i cannot change anything. Do not know if it is using CDN, maybe so. But when the embed script is coming from your servers, the CDN will not do it's job.
The embed script is very slow in loading. When i implement a form though an iframe it works most of the time fine.
Can you check if the embed script is coming in total from CDN or from your server? If it's your server can you then give me a CDN embed script adress so i can check if that works better?
It's pretty anoying.
- javierfAnswered on August 17, 2012 at 11:35 AM
Hello Marten Hoekstra,
I will try to help a bit. I took the time of trying with ip tracer and i found that the CDN works perfectly (to my understanding of your requirements), if you observe two different servers tha access is either to the american server or the european one. It works perfectly and the server is located in a good place.
- jeanettebmzAnswered on August 17, 2012 at 04:00 PM
Like my colleague Mike has explained to , you can tell if the form is loaded vía our CDN servers if you change the URL of the form as the one below :
However, since you state you are using the secure embed method for the form
That means it would loaded directly from our servers instead of CDN servers
Hope that make it clearer
- ARAGAnswered on August 20, 2012 at 04:09 AM
Thanks Jotform, for your info. I changed the URL to the suggested adress. This did some speed up.
Then i did a test bij copying and placing the complete js file on our own server. This option works best for now but is not ideal.
Thanks for the great help once again!
- jeanettebmzAnswered on August 20, 2012 at 11:09 AM
We appreciate your kind words. Do not hesitate to contact us whenever you need it!