- scoonAsked on June 27, 2012 at 08:08 PM
Hi, I have a form which I have set up sessions with so we can save and come back to later and continue filling in.
Can I also populate fields from the session url that's provided to the user?
E.g. user fills in their name on first form and email, autoresponder then sends them an email with the url for second form plus the =session bit, I also then want to prepopulate the user's name from that first form into the second form. Is this possible?
This is a re-post of a comment on Prepopulating Fields to Your JotForm via URL Parameters
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on June 27, 2012 at 09:29 PM
Sessions and URL prepopulation cannot work together. The solution below isn't viable.
Yes it is possible to prepopulate that same field on the second form with the value submitted on the first form.
1. Get the input name for the field on the second form by viewing its source code (Preview the form, right click then "View Source").
Take note of these names.
2. Go to your first form's Autoresponder Email wizard (Setup & Embed>Email Alerts>Autoresponder)
3. Generate the placeholder for the Full Name field on your first form. Duplicate this place holder. Append :first and :last to two instances of this placeholder (should be inside the curly brackets), then mimic the URL shown below:
4. Append the session variables to the URL (as mentioned in step 10 of this guide)
If done correctly, the URL in your first form's autoresponder should look like this:
If you have further questions, do not hesitate to contact us again.