- amandaatkersonAsked on March 27, 2017 at 10:03 AM
Ive purchased a subscription and trying to build the same form 3 times and it keeps saying it is disabled when I publish it and try to follow the link
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on March 27, 2017 at 01:07 PM
Your account is disabled because of two things:
1) You were collecting the Social security numbers,
2) You were collecting the credit card numbers.
Collecting Social security numbers is not illegal but our phishing detector can be triggered by those fields since it is a sensitive information. You can read complete explanation made by our Manager here https://www.jotform.com/answers/500652-How-can-I-use-jotform-com-to-collect-social-security-numbers
From which I will point out this:
"Nevertheless, you must know that since we do store the information in your account, anyone with access to it would also have access to social security numbers. So, in the event of a security breach of your account, this could be an issue.
So, having this in mind, we encourage you to follow these recommendations:
1. Embed the form using SSL method (http://www.jotform.com/help/63-How-can-I-receive-SSL-Submissions)
2. Add a sort agreement and/or an e-signature field to the form, so your customers will agree to provide their SSN along with personal info.
Here are some widgets you can add to the form (signature fields):
And I would like to mention that you don't need to bother with number 1 since our forms are SSL by default.
That is regarding the SSN.
Regarding the credit card numbers I removed them from your form (http://www.jotform.us/form/70815839785169) please avoid putting them back or your account will be suspended.
For that purpose please use our payment integration field: https://www.jotform.com/help/323-Mastering-Payment-Form-Integrations-with-JotForm
Let us know if you have any further questions.