- rcassaniAsked on March 30, 2017 at 03:26 PM
My form allows my customers to select from various print packages. I'd like to be able to show them a grand total of what they've ordered so that I can then use the Square widget to allow them to pay for it.
I'm having difficulty calculating a total. I've looked at your help and have searched google. It all seems straightforward, but I can never get it to total.
- BorisAnswered on March 30, 2017 at 05:11 PM
The problem with calculating the total in your particular form is that you are using Matrix fields for collecting responses, and using type Input Boxes inside of them.
If you wish to perform calculations with the input that is entered on a Matrix field, you must use either Radio Button or Check Box input types:
Otherwise, you can perform calculations with fields other than Matrix fields by following this guide:
This way, you can use ordinary fields such as Number fields, and then base your calculation based on them. I would recommend that you please take a look at the above linked guides for some more details, and should you need any further assistance, please let us know. We'll be glad to help. Thank you.
- rcassaniAnswered on March 30, 2017 at 09:45 PMI don't wish to use the values in the matrix boxes. I want to add a fixed number based on the fact that someone has entered data in one of the matrix fields.
I went so far as to create some hidden fields which contain the value of each package. I've done some conditional logic to test if the matrix field is "filled", and if so I add the hidden field value to a total.
Unfortunately I can't get that to work.
Can someone call me? Troubleshooting via email is an archaic way to get this resolved quickly.
Rick & LeAnn
A Tale To Tell Pictures
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on March 31, 2017 at 01:47 AM
I cloned your form and I can see that you have already set up your form to calculate the total cost. Can you please provide us more details on how you would like to achieve on your form using the Matrix Field?
Moreover, we do not have phone support. The best way to reach us is through the JotForm Forum or contact us at email@example.com
We'll wait for your response.
- rcassaniAnswered on March 31, 2017 at 03:45 AMI’m all set. I redesigned the form so that it would work using check boxes.