- markashtonAsked on July 02, 2012 at 06:38 AM
Used Template > Created Order Form ...
Used Source Code and embeded into simple html page on workflows domain ...
Everything is working fine except my test in IE9 > page 2 of the form with the rollovers ....
1) The jotform as a standalone is fine
2) The jotform source code embedded into a html page does not work in IE but is fine in every other browser.
Can anybody see perhaps a tweak that would make this work ... I've only popped the source code between the body tags ??
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on July 02, 2012 at 11:16 AM
Can you please try changing the html doctype on top of the header to like this...
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
I copied your page and my html editor provides a different doctype; and the form just work as is in IE9. You can check the page with form here(you can check also the source code using right-click way)
Please inform us if this does not resolve the issue.
- markashtonAnswered on July 02, 2012 at 11:46 AM
Many thanks. That has resolved the issue.
That doctype is important sometimes isn't it?
I'm very grateful for your genius ;-)
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on July 02, 2012 at 12:25 PM
Glad it works.
It just so happen I noticed the difference in the html code when I tried to test your html page/form. My html editor creates the html template before I can add the codes, -- that is where I noticed the difference in doctype on top of the header.
Yes, it seems the doctype is an important part because it is an instruction to the browser as to what version or type of html page it was written (according to this article). I think JotForm always try to use the updated versions.
- markashtonAnswered on July 02, 2012 at 06:45 PM
The forum is a killer service. I'll call off the hitman.