- WilkmazzAsked on March 31, 2017 at 12:28 PM
As would be expected, the encrypted responses are appearing as...well...encrypted on the Jotform Mac App. However, I'm not seeing anywhere to upload the master key to decrypt them. As most of our submissions are encrypted, it's making the Mac App fairly useless.
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on March 31, 2017 at 02:24 PM
Sorry but that's one of the downsides of having Encryption enabled. The main goal of this feature is to lessen the likelihood of someone getting your submission data. Which explains why we limited the decryption method in just 2 places:
1. From the Submissions Page
2. From emails
Here's a snippet from the guide I'll be linking below:
Some of the features that are not available for Encrypted Forms* are:
1. PDF Downloads,
2. Reports (this includes downloading Excel and CSV files from within Submission Panel),
3. Emails that contain form data in them.
* All server side gathered and processed data can only be retrieved in encrypted form because your private key is never sent to our servers.
Complete guide: Encrypted-Forms-and-How-to-Use-Them
I strongly urge you to have a look at the Q&A section of the guide above.