- cpresaAsked on July 02, 2012 at 03:29 PM
Error message received when click on Edit Entries or Complete Submission links.
- jeanettebmzAnswered on July 02, 2012 at 03:42 PM
Could you please provide us with an screenshot or the exact message of the error?
- cpresaAnswered on July 02, 2012 at 04:07 PM
I get this error message for both the Edit Entries and Complete Submission buttons.
- cpresaAnswered on July 02, 2012 at 04:09 PM
http://www.jotform.com/form.php?formID=21366277845967&sid=207068880069915872&mode=editInvalid Form URLThis form is not available for this domain.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on July 02, 2012 at 04:20 PM
We are sorry for the inconveniences caused.
Since you are Premium JotForm user, please use the Edit link with submit.jotformpro.com domain instead:
Please give it a try, and let us know if you need any further assistance.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on July 02, 2012 at 04:23 PM
Please also let us know, if you still get the error when you complete your submission (click on Submit Form button).
- cpresaAnswered on July 02, 2012 at 04:32 PM
The Edit Entries button is now working correctly. What it is the correct link for the Complete Submission button?
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on July 02, 2012 at 04:40 PM
Can you please explain what Complete Submission button do you mean?
- cpresaAnswered on July 02, 2012 at 04:45 PM
On the Thank You page, the entries can be viewed before final submission. The Edit Entries button goes to the form so that corrections can be made. The Submit Form button returns the user to the Thank You page where there is a Complete Submission button. Is that button necessary?
Link to the Thanks page
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on July 02, 2012 at 05:00 PM
Thank you. Now I get it.
Please note that once you click on Submit Form button, submission is being forwarded to your account. Mentioned Complete Submission button is optional and can be pointed to any page, for example, you can point it to the main page of your website.
- cpresaAnswered on July 02, 2012 at 06:02 PMThanks for your help!
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on July 02, 2012 at 06:02 PM
You are quite welcome!
- guest_22882243174050Answered on October 15, 2012 at 01:36 PM
Thank you for the previous answers to cpresa regarding using edit link as a premium user.
I was able to solve the same problem with the advice you gave.
I have a question however:
When the link in the confirmation email is used to edit the original submission, I would have expected a further confirmation email to be sent, in order to see that changes made?
Is this not possible, or do I have to do something extra to make it so ?
Thanks for continuing to develop a fantastic product!
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on October 15, 2012 at 02:31 PM
Sadly, only notifications are fired upon editing a submission. What you can do instead is create another notification that will act as an autoresponder, which will then be sent to the user each time they edit their form submission.
If you're interested to know, please respond to this message so we can provide you with instructions.
- dellquayscAnswered on October 15, 2012 at 03:45 PM
Yes, I would be very interested to learn how to do this , thank you!
I'm looking forward to receiving your answer!
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on October 15, 2012 at 04:26 PM
Please refer to this new forum post. I didn't want to veer away from the original topic at hand so I posted my answer on a separate thread.
Hope you don't mind.