- dnewmanAsked on April 03, 2017 at 06:04 PM
I am getting the following error when trying to submit an order form.
[PayPal Express Error]
- An error has occurred. Please contact form administrator for assistance.
[Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error message for details.]
- You are not signed up to accept payment for digitally delivered goods.Page URL:
- IanAnswered on April 03, 2017 at 09:32 PM
The error is not caused by anything you did on your jotform or with our system, the actual issue is with your PayPal account not being enabled to accept this.
Unfortunately there is no option that you can tick and have it running, you will need to contact PayPal support and they will be able to turn it on for you.
Please take a look at this page on PayPal: https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/express-checkout/digital-goods/IntroducingExpressCheckoutDG/
- dnewmanAnswered on April 04, 2017 at 09:13 AM
I'm not actually selling digital goods. The items on my form are shirts that are going to be distributed to the client locally. I only need paypal to help with the credit card transaction. Did I use the wrong PayPal connection?
- dnewmanAnswered on April 04, 2017 at 09:20 AM
I think I figured it out. I didn't see that I had turned on the digital goods flag in the gateway configuration.
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on April 04, 2017 at 11:42 AM
Yes, that error happens when you're using the PayPal Express integration and the "Digital Goods" option is enabled, if your PayPal account does not have this option enabled as well then the error will appear.
I've checked your form and I can see you've turned it off now.
If you have any question, please let us know.