- FormuleMagiqueAsked on April 04, 2017 at 05:05 AM
I have a problem with my form here :
Some signs are wrong displayed. It's in french and all the signs like é, è or ê are changed by a À& or a ©
Everything is ok on my form on the jotform page builder but not on the form on my website. Can you help me please ?
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on April 04, 2017 at 06:48 AM
I checked your website and this is what I saw:
Did you change the form embedded?
I checked that form directly as well but couldn't replicate this issue.
We'll wait for your response.
- FormuleMagiqueAnswered on April 04, 2017 at 08:03 AM
Thank you for replying.
The problem is on the page 2. You need to fill out all the forms on the page 1 to find the problem :)
- KadeJMAnswered on April 04, 2017 at 10:54 AM
Thank you for the additional detail about this issue.
After investigating the issue further I found the same as you mentioned a few times on your form.
When you added the text to the areas it's displaying incorrectly with the symbols did you type those manually from your keyboard or was it copied and pasted into there from somewhere else?
If so then please try removing the problem areas then type in what you need manually using your own keyboard then save again and that should resolve it. Alternatively, you can copy and paste what you had gotten it from into notepad/notepad++ to strip out the invisible formatting then recopy and repaste it back into the form and that will work the same.
This problem usually happens as sometimes copy and paste will carry over invisible formatting from the previous program it was copied from if different.
I looked at the source for your form with the second page as you first showed and it looks like the text that was entered experienced that problem since it is jumbled.
If there's still an issue though just let us know.
- FormuleMagiqueAnswered on April 05, 2017 at 12:08 PM
I've tried both ways (typing manually and copying/pasting through my notepad) and the problem is still there ...
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on April 05, 2017 at 02:38 PM
I'm sorry for the trouble caused to you.
I did test your form and I am able to replicate the issue you are having. I am not sure what is causing this issue. When I copy paste the same content in one of my own form, it seems to display correctly.
I am reporting it to our backend team. We will get back to you as soon as we have any update from them.