- iwsmithAsked on April 07, 2017 at 10:09 AM
how can i calculate an age based upon a DOB entered
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on April 07, 2017 at 12:26 PM
Although we don't have an innate feature like this, you can still achieve the same goal by using the Form Calculation Widget.
Related guide: How-to-Add-a-Widget-to-your-Form
For this, you'd need to use the floor() function to get the base result in case there are decimal places since age is always a whole number.
Your general formula would be:
floor ((TODAY - DOB) / 365.25)
1. Add a Date Picker field where the respondent can enter his DOB
2. Add a 2nd Date Picker that will be hidden and will always show Today's date
3. Add the Form Calculation widget
4. Click the ... 3-dotted menu to add the floor() function
5. Then complete the formula as shown above
- iwsmithAnswered on April 07, 2017 at 03:44 PMThanks I figured it out ☺