- plumb2paintAsked on July 04, 2012 at 07:34 AM
i love the forms and simple page layouts im just developing my site with relativly no experice in html php blaa blaa blaa and im struggling i would like a for like the ones i have created here but i would like the results to be sent vis a text message as well is there anyway you could do this and if so could you tell me how please
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on July 04, 2012 at 09:35 AM
It is possible to send SMS messages to your mobile phone via e-mail alerts, provided that your mobile phone service provider allows it. You should ask your mobile service provider for the e-mail access gateway of their system for mobile phone accessing. (Not sure exactly what's the term for it)
For example is T-Mobile. Their subscribers can receive SMS messages from e-mail if the sender sends a message to the mobile number, followed by @t-mobile.net
If you can share with us the mobile service provider that you're using, we can probably make a search and see what we can find.
- plumb2paintAnswered on July 04, 2012 at 03:21 PM
thanks been looking most of the day at different sites and forums but not getting anywere im with three which seems to be a pain as well but any help is appreciated
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on July 04, 2012 at 05:51 PM
I hope you can find your provider's sms gateway email address in the following article:
It is also most probably that you will need to switch your Email Notification to plain text format.
If this is still not clear for you, please provide us with your mobile carrier name. We can try to provide more accurate instructions.
- plumb2paintAnswered on July 05, 2012 at 08:14 AM
the network im with over here in the uk called three 3 its three.co.uk website i have had a look on there and even logged into my account and tried to find some info but if you could help as well that would be great will take a look at the list and do a bit of digging as well
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on July 05, 2012 at 07:20 PM
Thank you for provided information.
Unfortunately, I have not found any information about their email to sms service. You may contact them to see if it is available option.
Alternatively, you can use some 3rd party service like http://www.aql.com/, but it is not free.
- Sardar TaimoorAnswered on January 25, 2013 at 03:16 PM
why jotform is free???? plz tell me ( i really love jotform)
- agaba godwinAnswered on February 14, 2013 at 03:23 AM
hello jotform,i have this project am developing online and my client wants when some one registers for the service,they can receive response via phones.am in uganda.how do i go about it step by step
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on February 14, 2013 at 11:06 AM
You'd be able to find this thread helpful.
You should enter the phone number along with the mobile service provider you are using as explained on that thread. Example: email@example.com. Simply set this as your form recipient email address to be able to get an SMS Notifications on every form submissions. Here's how to set that to your form.1. Log into your JotForm account and go to My Forms section.
2. Select the form and click on "Edit".
3. Click on "Setup and Embed" tab on the form builder toolbar.
4. Click on "Email Alerts" and select "Notification":
5. Click on "Reply-To and Recipient Settings" button (third from the right along the bottom)
6. An envelope will appear. You can view and change the email address in the field highlighted below:
7. Click "Finish" and Save your form.Hope this helps. Thanks!
- timbaker1991Answered on October 06, 2013 at 08:53 PM
If you want to receive SMS notifications you can use jotText. It is pretty easy to do, and costs just a few cents http://jottext.eighttwentydesign.com/)